When you were little...

What profession did you wish to enter?

When I first learnt to figure skate, I decided I wanted to be a figure skater, like Jane Torvil, from Toril and Dean. (What was I thinking?!?!) Then my idea's got a little more rational... I think!

I can always remember wanting to be an Air Hostess, but that never really stuck, to be honest. Whilst on an aeroplane I noted the working conditions and thought about how I'd cope in such cramped conditions... not well, I concluded.

After the Air Hostess phase passed, I then got interested in being a Pilot. Hmm... Nope! I don't know why I even allowed that idea to enter my head! I soon dismissed it! hehe! :lol:

Finally decided on something perfect. Happy with that choice. :lol::lol::lol:

What about everyone else?

The first thing I remember I wanted to be and god only knows why i came up with it was 'Sam Fox'.

Unfortunately nature saw fit not to endow me with the items of the trade.

After that I wanted to be a conservationist and a journalist. Nearly got to be a journalist too, until I attended the course and discovered what utter ass****s I would be working with and classed as.

Moon Maiden

Originally posted by "caprice"

What profession did you wish to enter?

When I first learnt to figure skate, I decided I wanted to be a figure skater, like Jane Torvil, from Toril and Dean. (What was I thinking?!?!) Then my idea's got a little more rational... I think!

I can always remember wanting to be an Air Hostess, but that never really stuck, to be honest. Whilst on an aeroplane I noted the working conditions and thought about how I'd cope in such cramped conditions... not well, I concluded.

After the Air Hostess phase passed, I then got interested in being a Pilot. Hmm... Nope! I don't know why I even allowed that idea to enter my head! I soon dismissed it! hehe! :lol:

Finally decided on something perfect. Happy with that choice. :lol::lol::lol:

What about everyone else?

I wanted to be an actor an a big hollywood star! DOH :cry:

I wanted to be a snooker player on TV.

I think it must have stemmed from watching snooker with my grandad all the time.

Then I wanted to be a copper, soon changed my mind on that one.#

Now I would like to be a photographer but I am doing a course in IT instead. It's so boring having to be realistic :lol:

Originally posted by "steelblade"

I wanted to be a snooker player on TV.

I think it must have stemmed from watching snooker with my grandad all the time.

Then I wanted to be a copper, soon changed my mind on that one.#

Now I would like to be a photographer but I am doing a course in IT instead. It's so boring having to be realistic :lol:

You could be a photographer. They do part time courses at Norton Centre of the Sheffield College.

OR

You could approach Olan Mills in Sheffield City Centre, they take on unskilled and with no experience photographers and train them up to do fashion/portrait photography! And you get paid for it too!

Just a thought!

Thanks for that info. To be honest I think what I'll do is get my HND out of the way, then when I've (hopefully) got a well paid job, I will do a photography course.

I don't actually have any photography experience whatsoever, my grandad was a keen photographer and I was always very interested in what he did, and well I just like photo's. :lol: especially black and white ones, don't know why I just think they are brill ,really capture the scene.

When I was a little boy, I wanted to be a train driver, then to travel the world, Adventurer, anything exciting, see different countries, peoples, live in a warm climate, moving on. Then reality took over and when I left school at fourteen I started work as an apprentice motor engineer and after two years at that I became ill and drifted into various jobs just able to earn a living so I have always been very poor and now I am retired and it is too late.

Originally posted by "Moon Maiden"

...After that I wanted to be a journalist. Nearly got to be a journalist too, until I attended the course and discovered what utter ass****s I would be working with and classed as.

Don't tar all of us with the same brush...! I happen to think journalism is the bedrock of modern democracy.

Archived