Recommendations for an mp3 ripper

Gabblerachet is the audiophile :wink:

I am mostly deaf from years of listening to loud music and playing the guitar. I am a linux user so I do all my encoding in linux and store on a fat32 partition so my Ipod can pick them up, in fact (at home) the only time I boot windows is to update the ipod, I really must look for a linux prog to do this, just laziness as I dont have the net at home anymore.

Exact Audio Copy with LAME, no contest if you want accurate results.

Agreed. This is the best method you will find.

I am mostly deaf from years of listening to loud music and playing the guitar. I am a linux user so I do all my encoding in linux and store on a fat32 partition so my Ipod can pick them up, in fact (at home) the only time I boot windows is to update the ipod, I really must look for a linux prog to do this, just laziness as I dont have the net at home anymore.

Stick rockbox on it :D I have rockbox on my Nano :) Gapless MP3 is good!

My pc phone has wm player, is their any need to rip as mp3 rather than the default wma when adding music. I have wm11 on my laptop and although it gives mp3 an option it wont without an encoder although I have tried to install lame. Should I stick with wma?

there are quite a few actually, i was investigating as my mate has an ipod and his PC only has 64mb ram (shock horror i know, im gonna sort it as i have a few sticks of old pc133 knocking about) and so cant run xp. i was looking into puppy linux and linspire and a few others specifically for low spec machines and ipods. lsongs is one, this one is a little more geeky and heres another

get rid of the evil corp :thumbsup: