Hmmm... What to do for thanksgiving in Sheffield...

Hmmm... But you celebrate tonnes of other International holidays... Like... Help me out here... St. Patrick's Day! :hihi:

St patrick was English.

:banana:Noone's ever asked me for a recipe before! :partyhat:

Okay... So, it's basically potatoes smothered in sugar and vanilla ... stick it in the oven 'til it goes brown and volia!!!! ...

Except it so does not turn out the way Grandma makes them :huh:

Are you sure thats it.Sweet Potato Pie? No pastry or anything ? :huh:

Oh, thats the reason then.If youre LA born & bred,youre a little homesick.!I have relatives in America and they all hate Thanksgiving Day as its too near Christmas.They cook a turkey for Thanksgiving ,then have to cook one again for Christmas.

Ah.. yeah, Thanksgiving / Christmas probably sucks if you're the chef :hihi:

But if you're the attendee, it's a hoooooot!

I was speaking to my aunt just now and they're doing tonnes tomorrow! I'm so jealous, so I thought I'd plan ahead and find a resturant / place to get one's party on / day shuttle to America ('cause I have Uni Friday :hihi: ) in advance :hihi:

St patrick was English.

Really?? :huh: and St. George wasn't :hihi:

But, are you telling me that England does not celebrate any International holidays?

Really?? :huh: and St. George wasn't :hihi:

But, are you telling me that England does not celebrate any International holidays?

I can't think of any to be honest... I'm sure ex-pats celebrate their countries holidays.

Are you sure thats it.Sweet Potato Pie? No pastry or anything ? :huh:

'Tis my version :thumbsup:

(Fine print: though I do not endorse.. or recommend it)

Ah.. yeah, Thanksgiving / Christmas probably sucks if you're the chef :hihi:

But if you're the attendee, it's a hoooooot!

I was speaking to my aunt just now and they're doing tonnes tomorrow! I'm so jealous, so I thought I'd plan ahead and find a resturant / place to get one's party on / day shuttle to America ('cause I have Uni Friday :hihi: ) in advance :hihi:

What are you doing over here ? All my lot are over there !

What are you doing over here ? All my lot are over there !

My maternal family is over here - man, divorce sucks- See if I'da had a say Sandy beaches vs. Pouring rain (24/7 both Winter AND Summer), I know what I woulda said. Sadly, the above was also dad vs. mom (respectively). For the record, I say that people who have kids should not get divorced - stick it out for the kids people :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I can't think of any to be honest...

:o I will find one...

Edit: Who started All Hallow's Eve? :huh:

My maternal family is over here - man, divorce sucks- See if I'da had a say Sandy beaches vs. Pouring rain (24/7 both Winter AND Summer), I know what I woulda said. Sadly, the above was also dad vs. mom (respectively). For the record, I say that people who have kids should not get divorced - stick it out for the kids people :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Word up! :D

Poor sod. From Los Angeles to Sheffield.!!!!!!! :gag:

Poor sod. From Los Angeles to Sheffield.!!!!!!! :gag:

LOL - Well, actually my mother lives in London, so feel even sorrier for me ; it was LA > London > Sheffield :cry::hihi: :hihi: