Best wishes to Mr Kempka the butcher

Mr Kempka the butcher on Abbeydale Road opposite the big white building is laid up with a broken ankle until the end of November and so his shop is closed. Hope he makes a full recovery for his own sake and selfishly so that I can buy one of his delicious shop made pork pies.

Here's hoping you make a full recovery Mr Kempka

Mr Kempka the butcher on Abbeydale Road opposite the big white building is laid up with a broken ankle until the end of November and so his shop is closed. Hope he makes a full recovery for his own sake and selfishly so that I can buy one of his delicious shop made pork pies.

Well, erm best wishes to him, then.

But as a side note, d'ya think he should change his name?Its just when I saw 'Kempka the butcher' I thought he was a Nazi war criminal?

But as a side note, d'ya think he should change his name?Its just when I saw 'Kempka the butcher' I thought he was a Nazi war criminal?

He IS Polish:loopy:

He IS Polish:loopy:

If it's the same man I think it is, he's not actually Polish, he went to Rowlinson school with one of my brothers ... although his father might have been Polish.

Great sausages though ... best wishes for a complete recovery.

Mr.Kempa sells the best bacon in Sheffield. Non of your frozen stuff with the white goo coming out when you fry it. We always get 2lbs for Christmas.

Sorry to hear that, Konrad. Best wishes for a full recovery from Down South!

Went down on Saturday and saw the shutters down with a notice on them, couldn't read it from the road though. All the best to Konrad, I love that shop.

Called in to see to Mr Kempka last night. It was a bad break of his ankle which needed surgery, he's got it in a fantastic hi tech shoe thing which he has to pressurise but he can get around on crutches.

He hopes to go in and prepare some things with a view to opening two or three days (Thurs, Fri & Sat) next week, so keep an eye on the shutters! He was very touched by everyones comments on here, someone had printed them all off for him.

he went to Rowlinson school with one of my brothers ...

I went to school with his son. True story.

You're not my brother are you? ;)