New Tapas restaurant on Eccy Road

Does anyone know the name/contact number/web site of the new tapas restaurant on Eccy road?

Do you mean La Vina? try here for their details and menus.

Mike

Don't wear 3 inch heels cos the wood floor is well slippy!!! Trust me :)

Anyone been? Whats it like?

I wouldnt mind trying it for a change as I like Tapas.

Thanks for the info. I went to a works lunch last mid November. There were 6 of us so we decided to try a bit of everything. They do lovely meatball’s, fried squid, king prawns etc… I’ve never really had ‘proper’ tapas before so was a little weary but I really enjoyed it and thought both the food and service was excellent.

If you go you HAVE to try the liquor 32. The fumes from the thing are enough to get you drunk!

La Vina is a fantastic place, really good food and very good service, the waiters are very dishy.

It's a really good place for a romantic meal as it has a rustic feel to it and has subdude lighting and candles on the table.

The meatballs and the chiken kebab ar every nice.

Who's this bloke called Tapa as your title suggests?

Anyway - for those that aren't 'hispanohablantes' - the word is one 'tapa' and two 'tapas'.

Who's this bloke called Tapa as your title suggests?

Anyway - for those that aren't 'hispanohablantes' - the word is one 'tapa' and two 'tapas'.

Thanks for the English Lesson, much appreciated! :roll:

Don't wear 3 inch heels cos the wood floor is well slippy!!! Trust me :)

My g/f went head of heals on that floor. She knocked an ice bucket over on her way down! Big bruise on her posteria.

Shame she didnt break something....would have been a nice claim...!

We've just been to La Vina for a tapas lunch. It was ok, I wouldn't particularly recommend it but wouldn't tell anyone to avoid it either. The service was a bit chaotic with plates and cutlery flying but the food was alright and there was certainly plenty of it, the lunchtime special deal of £6.95 for 3 tapas dishes seemed pretty good value for money. It was a bit on the heavy side though and we felt compelled to walk the length of Ecclesall Road afterwards to try and burn off some of those calories.

La vina's a Spanish themed chain complete with Spanish staff in much the same way Cafe Rouge is a French themed chain complete with French staff.

To be honest, Cafe Uno is the best for food on Ecclesall Road. Never a problem.