The old houses off Penistone rd

Sweetdexter

Thanks for the memory.

I got the name wrong but you were right about the smell.

It hit you as you passed the open door of the shop.

If my memory is correct the bundles of sticks were just inside the door piled up on the floor.

Do you remember any of the names I've listed, and what they are doing now?

I expect most of them have scattered to other parts of Sheffield after the area was demolished.

Good on yer.

Happy Days!

my mother told me Jimmy Pont (WW1 casualty) used to hoist me up on his lap.

I can remember a Cliff Pont who had the shop......(think his wife was called Olive) and Dennis and Annie Davenport having the shop before taking over the chip 'ole from Dick Jow. Also the Burnands lived next door-I went to school with Philip, and Mr Burnand had a pigeon loft in the back yard.

Sweetdexter

Do you remember any of the names I've listed, and what they are doing now?

I expect most of them have scattered to other parts of Sheffield after the area was demolished.

Good on yer.

Happy Days!

Indeed a lot of the names I remember.

I know where you are, and where I am (I think).

Alas, the rest, I know not where.

Sweetdexter

If thar nose weer I am and tha' knows weer thissen is, then there can't be much wrong wi' us at arr age.

Happy Days!

Indeed a lot of the names I remember.

I know where you are, and where I am (I think).

Alas, the rest, I know not where.

yea know where i am just 10 k down the road London east end

Hello everyone, I lived on dutton road at no.57 with the red door to be exact.I can remember it like yesterday.Yes they were the good times.I can rememder some names and see faces with no names as i've forgot as times gone bye. Left hillsborough 1n 1978 when i was 8 and we moved to ecclesfield and left all my friends behind.Can anyone remember the hammers use to bang till 10pm at night at the steel works? How did we sleep.

ps. I'm richard who got knocked over running out of the entrance i was being chased by a girl i think we were playing kiss catch..LOL

Hello everyone, I lived on dutton road at no.57 with the red door to be exact.I can remember it like yesterday.Yes they were the good times.I can rememder some names and see faces with no names as i've forgot as times gone bye. Left hillsborough 1n 1978 when i was 8 and we moved to ecclesfield and left all my friends behind.Can anyone remember the hammers use to bang till 10pm at night at the steel works? How did we sleep.

ps. I'm richard who got knocked over running out of the entrance i was being chased by a girl i think we were playing kiss catch..LOL

Hiya Richard welcome to the forum....I remember the speedway keeping us awake more than the hammers' thats all we could hear when we went to bed more in the summer time i think although we were closer to the speedway than you.

Its good to hear your still alive and well!!:) I remember that so clearly you gettin knocked over hope youve learnt the green cross code since...lol.

I remember a girl that lived really close to you called Sally-Anne she had really white/blonde hair with a car flick???(is that the right word?) in the front i remember she had a coal fire it was really cosy although dusty at the same time. Cant remember her surname though but know she lived on Dutton close to you.

Good to hear fom you...hope wayne's ok?:)

Hello again..It was my uncle that brought me here.Sent me the link to the forum.I do rememeber sally anne middleton with the coal fire.I can recall her mother lighting the coal fire and she used thin wooden boxes from the corner shop across the road to get the coal burning.I also remeber lisa needham,melani birch plus others.

We are all well and ok

Might have got a few photos laying about somewhere i'll see if i can find any.

God yeah....Melanie birch...didn't she have a big tall brother called martin????...I'd love to see some photo's if you can manage to find any out.....unfortunatly we lost all of ours' my mum left first taking me and my sister with her which just left my dad there until the end...(they had seperated) and dad never bothered to retreive any photo's he must have just left them all down in the cellar along with a few other things!!:(

(Tommahawk)"Left hillsborough 1n 1978"

I also lived on Dutton Rd WW2 and after . When I lived there it was Owlerton.

Hillsborough was the top end of the park.

Owlerton was to my mind ,Penistone Rd, ( and all roads leaving off it).From Livesey St to Herries Rd

If anyone has any photographs of the old area I would to see them.

I havesome happy memories of living in that area and pictures bring back some pleasant memories.

I do not mind paying for them if you send me a private message with details.

Happy Days!

Hey'up i remember you and i remember you getting knocked down... got i hated those tilt hammers..... thud.... thud...:hihi: