The old houses off Penistone rd

I remember Ivan he used to come down Rudyard Road quite a lot ,he used to visit reletives down there.

Sorry to but in on the thread, but can anyone tell me what was there before B&Q on Penistone Road, and when the B&Q was built? My dad thinks it was a steelworks or engineering place. I know Hillfoot was on the corner (recently demolished), but on the other side of the river.

I've looked on PictureSheffield, but can't get my bearings from any of the photos Thanks! :)

Sorry to but in on the thread, but can anyone tell me what was there before B&Q on Penistone Road, and when the B&Q was built? My dad thinks it was a steelworks or engineering place. I know Hillfoot was on the corner (recently demolished), but on the other side of the river.

I've looked on PictureSheffield, but can't get my bearings from any of the photos Thanks! :)

There was a Bouts and Tillotsons Transport Firm then between them and the river there was an open space used as a steel billet stock yard.previous to that it was the ministry of supply and the ministry of works, ex army vehicles was dismantled there for spares and scrap

Thanks Carlray! We can stop racking our brains now. :D

Unregistered

The house on the corner on the picture you posted for yonks was our local chip shop.QUOTE]

Mine too! Dick Jow had it when I was a kid,

I always prefered Dick Jow's. He did the best fishcakes that I've ever tasted.

We used to pinch Tizer bottles from the Tizer factory opposite the chip 'ole and take them back to buy four pennyworth of chips from Dick's.

Happy days!

you are right it was owned by richard "dick" jow and he did make best fishcakes ever, he was my grandad, we think the lady and child in picture was my gran and youngest daughter (my mum). my mum used to help out in back when not at school, she remembers the tizer factory too lol

If he is roger from Cottam Street tell him Ray Colley says Hi:D

If you ever talk to Laura tell her Adrian Basil Clarke said hi and:love::love::love::love:

If you ever talk to Laura tell her Adrian Basil Clarke said hi and:love::love::love::love:

i have not seen her in 55years. I did meet an antique dealer at a party I went to 4 years ago and when i told him I was from the ABC streets he asked if I knew Laura, he was an old friend and he was going to see her before he went back to america.He said she was very ill

To bad she's my age 76

i have not seen her in 55years. I did meet an antique dealer at a party I went to 4 years ago and when i told him I was from the ABC streets he asked if I knew Laura, he was an old friend and he was going to see her before he went back to america.He said she was very ill

Of course sorry I had a moment brain freeze:loopy::loopy::loopy:

Carlray I think why I'm getting you mixed up, I'm thinking I saw a pic of you and Laura cousin on S.F some time back and caption said Laura cousin I will dig back and try and find

O k Ray found the pic it was Laura's cousin's ROY & brian ,only the second mistake this year

O k Ray found the pic it was Laura's cousin's ROY & brian ,only the second mistake this year

you are doing well then,I get a little wearier every day.can you remember any one else from around Penistone Road,You wouldn't know it now,The ABC Streets are now a Toyota Dealership,Montys Motors and Penistone Rd is a dual carriage way.