The old houses off Penistone rd

Hi Sheff Bird Ican't send a private message as I need 5 posts, delighted to heat more about the Ashton family, but sorry also to see that Tucker and Joy are no longer here. You and I share the same great grandparents Sarah and Fredrick Baker, my grandma was the firstborn, when Sarah was just seventeen. Her name was Emmeline Annette, my mother was Elizabeth she was the eldest of Emmelines children, Denny was her sister, Sheila was really my mums aunty, but they were close in age and grew up together in the kelvin.........so much too say..

Hi does anyone have any stories about my nan and grandad or any of my family? My nan was called Mary Wall and grandad Tommy. my dads Malcolm Wall?

Hi does anyone have any stories about my nan and grandad or any of my family? My nan was called Mary Wall and grandad Tommy. my dads Malcolm Wall?

I knew a Mick Wall off Bastock Rd. who I believe died young possibly in the 1980s/90s

yep Mick Wall was my uncle x he died in 96. He had a son Michael and a daughter Lisa. Both have children of their own now.

would Eden st be way past Burton on the way to Basset's or is it one of the A.B, C. D, E. st's 70yrs is a long time to go back but looking for dad's relative& I'm thinking before Bassets but distance means little to a pair of 5yr old legs:help::help:

Eden st was one of the abc streets my grand parents aunts and cousins lived on there the T indalls and the Barkers

Anyone remember Biddy (Harold Bidwell) he was my cousin and lived on Anlaby Street, had a sister June, mother was Denny, father Harold. Biddy used to play in a rock group called The Twin Cities Rhythm group in the 1950's

Anyone remember Biddy (Harold Bidwell) he was my cousin and lived on Anlaby Street, had a sister June, mother was Denny, father Harold. Biddy used to play in a rock group called The Twin Cities Rhythm group in the 1950's

I remember Biddy he went to the same school as me Ithink he was also a cousin to Tucker and Josie Ashton.He married one of the Methley Sisters from Attercliffe ,I think it was Carol.we all used to hang about together in our early teens,spent many a happy night at Fred Holmes dance hall at the top of Wood Street,.How many remember that the first place in Sheffield to allow Bop.

would Eden st be way past Burton on the way to Basset's or is it one of the A.B, C. D, E. st's 70yrs is a long time to go back but looking for dad's relative& I'm thinking before Bassets but distance means little to a pair of 5yr old legs:help::help:

I dont think it would be Eden Street where your relative lived there was an eighteen foot wall to get to the river,however further along Penistone Road towards Wadsley Bridge on the right hand side there was an unmade road,next to the Cambridge Tavern and this went down a slight incline to the rivers edge and a few houses backed on to this.I have tried to place you and with the info you have given would you be Adrian Clarke lived next to Daves's

Newsagents

I dont think it would be Eden Street where your relative lived there was an eighteen foot wall to get to the river,however further along Penistone Road towards Wadsley Bridge on the right hand side there was an unmade road,next to the Cambridge Tavern and this went down a slight incline to the rivers edge and a few houses backed on to this.I have tried to place you and with the info you have given would you be Adrian Clarke lived next to Daves's

Newsagents

Yes that would be I, 511 Penistone ,and up the alley to Monfreddie ice cream and that road sounds right

Yes that would be I, 511 Penistone ,and up the alley to Monfreddie ice cream and that road sounds right

carlray ,Would i know you ??

carlray ,Would i know you ??

Wow time flies ,must be about 68 years ago,walked home from school with you several times,I lived in Brough Street,we were in the same class at Burton Street School don,t know if you remember me.

Raymond Colley ?

Wow time flies ,must be about 68 years ago,walked home from school with you several times,I lived in Brough Street,we were in the same class at Burton Street School don,t know if you remember me.

Raymond Colley ?

Very nice to hear from someone from the distance past,sorry my mind is a blank, strange how things stick in your mind or not,it was a rough time for me at Burton st the scars from Fullwood Homes where very deep, but just had a thought Raymond Colley could you be Laura's cousin