The old houses off Penistone rd

How about the bombing, I had run away from fullwood homes and bombs had hit the bottom of wood st remember the firemen telling us to clear of many of the shops ??on the right going up was on flames

Am I right in thinking there was a chip shop on the left hand side of Wood Street walking up from Penistone Road or is my memory failing?

Happy Days? PopT

Am I right in thinking there was a chip shop on the left hand side of Wood Street walking up from Penistone Road or is my memory failing?

Happy Days? PopT

for reasons i cant remember got it in my mind one of the shops hit was somethink like a pawnbroker think someone said there was rings and things scatterd all over but could be just a boys rumour:confused::confused:

Rachylou

I lived on Penstone Road between Dutton Road and Beulah Road opposite Hillsborough Park until 1962.

Happy Days!

Still trying to trace, would you know of any houses that may have been on Penistone across from Burton to Chaple now thinking my 5yr legs to far for Upper Slack??

yes you are right the chip shop was on the left and used to call in after being to the unity picture house at the top of wood street on infirmary road also at the corner of wood street and Penistone road was a place which I think was owned by potty edwards

Does anyone remember the firestick man who had a small business on Penistone road near the Werhead Garage at Wadsley Bridge side of the Hillfoot Bridge?

Yes,it was fieldhouses,the sons later became scrap and waste at catcliffe and did well.

Yes,it was fieldhouses,the sons later became scrap and waste at catcliffe and did well.

Fieldhouses were next door to the Don Firelighter Co.

seem to remember the name of the fella who owned it as Ron can't remember his surname.

Fieldhouses were next door to the Don Firelighter Co.

seem to remember the name of the fella who owned it as Ron can't remember his surname.

the fieldhouses finished up owning the building and the land behind it before moving to catcliffe.the building that had the fieldhouse name on it is still there,now owned by arthurs skips.

My great uncle Tom Glossop lived next door to the Fieldhouses on Farfield Road.

Does anyone remember them from the 1950/60's?

Happy Days! PopT

My great uncle Tom Glossop lived next door to the Fieldhouses on Farfield Road.

Does anyone remember them from the 1950/60's?

Happy Days! PopT

" Mousey" Old Tup will.

the fieldhouse family lived in hobson avenue and the land they owned was on hobson place but had relatives on parson cross so the people on farfield road could also be relatives

hi retep

I knew Mousey but not seen him for years.

I do not understand your message fully, can you explain?

I know the Fieldhouse family was quite large and so they lived in several places-

PopT