The old houses off Penistone rd

pop t .....do you recall the boatmans hut for the parkeeper plus the well used water drinking fountain. I cannot remember the cannon but i remember the island as u describe.

We all went to the nursery as kids during the late 1940s, this was so that parents could go to work, can you recall all the beds outside the park nursery on sunny days? I cannot imagine this nowadays with all th idiots around. The beds were like mini army camp beds.

Hi arrodbo - hows the move to cornwall going

Hi Arrodbo

Yes I remember the nursery, I even remember it being erected.

You'd be ok these days allowing the kids to sleep outside with all the nutters that are knocking about.

Does anyone remember the 'Owd Man's Hut'?

Happy Days! PopT

The owd mans hut formed part of our heritage,

as young boys,we would sit there aged about 11 puffing on a Park Drive which we had bought for 2d. Listening to the older lads at 13/14 talking about their "life" experiences.

What we learned in there couldn,t be taught in schools....happy days

I remember the Owd mans hut very well.....I did a lot of my 'courting' in there and the park keepers joked with my late husband and I that they couldn't knock it down till we got wed.

I even met my late husband in the park near the rose beds that used to run round the back of the library.

pop t .....do you recall the boatmans hut for the parkeeper plus the well used water drinking fountain. I cannot remember the cannon but i remember the island as u describe.

We all went to the nursery as kids during the late 1940s, this was so that parents could go to work, can you recall all the beds outside the park nursery on sunny days? I cannot imagine this nowadays with all th idiots around. The beds were like mini army camp beds.

I also remember the nursery ,and rough scratchy jerseys we were made to wear.

I have a photo of my mother standing in front of the Band Stand around 1930.

I will see if i can scan and post it

Without going back over all the posts,does anyone know when the houses on Rawson St etc were pulled down?

Is that a no then?

i lived in brough street and used to play with kathleen godderd her sister got killed on penistone road on her way to school but she was called beryl

She was in my class at school , although we were only in the infants i can still remember the incident ,it was in the early fifties

I was getting a friend interested around Penistone Road area and she told me she didn't remember much but until 6 she lived in Hicks Road at the back of Hillfoot club. Any memories anyone.

I was getting a friend interested around Penistone Road area and she told me she didn't remember much but until 6 she lived in Hicks Road at the back of Hillfoot club. Any memories anyone.

I lived oposite the club Hobson Ave 1940 -1964 remember it like yesterday

I was born in Anlaby street.I spent my childhood on Penistone Rd.I went to Burton street School.My mates were Mick Saul,Micheal Mcginley.Beverly Booth and others too many to mention.Happy days

I was born in Anlaby street.I spent my childhood on Penistone Rd.I went to Burton street School.My mates were Mick Saul,Micheal Mcginley.Beverly Booth and others too many to mention.Happy days

what yr wasu born