The old houses off Penistone rd

Kidorry

Where was Brough Street, I seem to remember the name but cannot figure out where it was?

PopT

On the left as you head towards town after Montys

Anlaby Brough Cottam and Driffield. ABCD

Thanks Tooeg

The old old rememberer isn't what it was and I knew it but for the life of me I couldn't place it.

PopT

Does anyone remember the Oxsprings house near the five arches with it's tempting apple orchard for us Owlerton kids?

Happy days!

I think I do, but I also remember the trees laden with apples in someones garden (almost overhanging the footpath) down the Racker Way!

Does anyone know when the houses on Lofthouse Road were built.

i lived at 17 lofthouse rd 1970/81

happy days..

be great if someone had apicof the old road...i havent a single pic of the old place...

Hi Madowl

I have put an old picture taken outside number 24 lofthouse Road in 1911 onto Picture Sheffield, unfortunately it only shows the back wall of the house.

It is of my Dad and his brothers and sisters the Timmins family.

PopT

Hi Madowl

I have put an old picture taken outside number 24 lofthouse Road in 1911 onto Picture Sheffield, unfortunately it only shows the back wall of the house.

It is of my Dad and his brothers and sisters the Timmins family.

PopT

I knew a PETER TIMMINS who would be 64 ish now,he lived around Owlerton

back in the 70's i was brought up on harewood rd and wondered if anyone remembers these old streets or if any of you once lived there.

I remember lofthouse rd aswell which were the street next to ours our back yards used to meet.

yeh,my family used to live on there too,we lived at 42 near collins's shop and my nan was next door at 40.there was me ,my sister debbie and mum n dad(jean n keith)

I remember your father Kieth, we used to go to the same school, he wore specs and had dark red hair as I remember.

I was in the same class at Hillsborough with Bob Dinsdale, Ian Mclean, Walter Staniland and Barry Swanstone. do you remember any of these?

Happy Days PopT

yes i remember most of them but i was only a kid then,saddly my dad passed away 2yrs ago.do you remember his brother lawrence, he was a star!

I remember there were a few 'stars' in those streets and even one or two 'star turns' but in my book I wouldn't have chosen a better place to live.

You couldn't better the people and I have travelled the world and lived in many places.

I have many fond memories of the area.

I encourage everyone who knew the area to keep posting their memories as they are magic to read about.

Happy Days Indeed PopT

I lived on Cuthbert Bank Road near the corner of Bamforth Street. As kids we used to have hours of fun playing on Khymies? Hill (Cuthbert Bank).