Baby swallowed 10p! what to do?

I'd like to print a retraction here:

To my knowledge, Rich does not at this time -- nor ever did -- have intestinal troubles. I apologize for any confusion, embarrassment or inconvenience this may have caused.:blush:

So, Rich C., have you ever swallowed a plastic nurse's cap?

My little brother swallowed EVERYTHING as a little child.

Coins

Gold chains

Silver chains

My special horse pendant :rant:

A car air freshner (ok, a few car airfreshners, he used to lock himself in the car and munch on them if given the chance.)

Buttons off remote controls

my quints dolls leg :mad:

Every time it was down to the A&E, get him checked out, go home and wait for it to be pooped out. I can't remember anything ever being retrived :gag:

It's no wonder he now has IBS! serves him right! eating my special pendant!

To add, I hope Satans little un is ok, can understand the worry but if it has reached the stomach, the rest is just nature.

Do you think there's any connection with your recent intestinal problems, Rich?

*Gets coat*

Listen you, what does or doesn't go on with my nether regions is none of your beeswax... And no, that is not an admission that there has ever been anything amiss "downstairs".

thanks for the replies everyone! they metal detected her and its in her stomach so all sould be okay. only thing that needs sorting now is the temper that caused her to eat it in the first place!!

for future reference though if anyone wants to know, apparently they do need checking at the hospital cause as people have said, it might not go into the stomach.

thanks again :) x

Sorry didn't mean to offend, but there really is no need to panic.

Quite serious this.Glad they took shoeshines advice.This is a baby dont forget. :gag:

Quite serious this.Glad they took shoeshines advice.This is a baby dont forget. :gag:

Not really. I think it's quite important to remain calm in these situations.

Glad the little un's alright Satan.

Glad the lil one's ok.

My daughter swallowed a pen lid when she was 9. It felt like it was stuck so I took her to the childrens. As it was plastic it wouldn't show up on an xray so they made her sit and eat loads of sandwiches, crisps and drinks to push it down until she could feel that it had moved. Such an awful teatment lol!

As expected, it came out the other end a day or two later.

Listen you, what does or doesn't go on with my nether regions is none of your beeswax... And no, that is not an admission that there has ever been anything amiss "downstairs".

Beg pardon, Rich...

I got you mixed up with Rich C., who apparently didn't mind making his nether regions everyone's beeswax on a previous thread. (Please see, "Is it a bad thing..."). I shan't inquire about your digestive system again. Never. Ever. Not even if you beg me.:help:

On a happier note, I'm glad Baby Satan is doing fine.

Just to clear up some points from others....I personally wasn't in a panic about the situation. Why should I be in a panic?

It's not my kid. All I will say is that I have no confidence in

1) waiting while NHS Direct decide to get off their butts and answer the phone. Then wait while they pull a doctor out of a pub to ring back

2)Trying the "out-of service hours" hours standby-doctor service will you get through to NHS Direct et.....see 1) above.

3) The old, wise owls in a family who tell anyone not to "bother" going to A & E when this happens because you'll have to wait. Believe me, where children are concerned, they always get placed in the front of the queue, and quite rightly so.

4) We have had 3 children, now of adult age. If one of them had swallowed a 10p piece at 18 months old I would not be sat on the bloody computer asking folks for advice.

So if you wanna have a go at me...feel free.

Aw hope she's ok!

My brother once swallowed a badge! I think he was about 8 though, and think he had to wait for nature to take its course.

Lots of children swallow money! Heard of at least 4! And its not something you bring up in conversation is it? :hihi: