Baby swallowed 10p! what to do?

He reserves that privilege for old people :hihi: :hihi:

Yep, particularly the infirm of brain.....takes 3 weeks to get a reply, by which time eveyone's forgotten about it! :hihi:

hi, need advice quick as my 18month old monster has swallowed 10p in a little act of defiance. cant get through to nshdirect and their internet thing isnt working.. my auntie says that they dont do anything in the hospital but tell you to wait so dont know whether to go or not... any advice what is the best course of action would be greatly appreciated. she seems fine btw. thanks

How is she, has there been any change

i can't understand why people ask for emergency medical advice on a chat forum

sorry but :loopy: :loopy:

hope ur kid is ok

i used to swallow coins for a laugh in the school dinner queue but i was in early teens not 18 months so had considerably bigger colon etc!

I once swallowed a 20p piece when using my Inhaler.

How on earth did that happen?

not going to defend this one again as i think i already did... and as it was the quickest response i could get from anyone at the time (thanks guys) i dont think it was that bad an idea. i didnt know if it was really an emergency etc.

My inhalers were in my workbag and the cap would keep coming off, because there was money in there as well a 20p peice got lodged insde the mouthpiece. Im always in a rush at work so I just picked it up without realising and inhaled.

not going to defend this one again as i think i already did... and as it was the quickest response i could get from anyone at the time (thanks guys) i dont think it was that bad an idea. i didnt know if it was really an emergency etc.

....and what about the coin? has it turned up?

hope ur kid is ok

i used to swallow coins for a laugh in the school dinner queue but i was in early teens not 18 months so had considerably bigger colon etc!

Perhaps because it wasn't an emergency? :suspect:

I have a 19 month old son and if you'd ever seen the size of his poos you'd know that the colon of a child of that age is more than capable of passing a ten pence piece!

Note the panic was from those without kids or with grown up kids who have forgot just how big little kids can poo! :P

well furry muff, i've never seen the poo of an 18 month old

having no idea of the size of the exit hole or conducting channel of the poo of an 18 month old young un, i was concerned at the idea of an 18 month old young un swallowing a 10p piece, but now i know not to worry

i was referring to other posts and posters too with that statement

the "Ooh tell me all the answers SF" post recently posted by defstef nails it for me :hihi:

Perhaps because it wasn't an emergency? :suspect:

I have a 19 month old son and if you'd ever seen the size of his poos you'd know that the colon of a child of that age is more than capable of passing a ten pence piece!

Note the panic was from those without kids or with grown up kids who have forgot just how big little kids can poo! :P

But the child could have vomited as well, and choked on it coming out. Just because it went down the right way didn't mean it would automatically come back the right way.