Baby swallowed 10p! what to do?

hi, need advice quick as my 18month old monster has swallowed 10p in a little act of defiance. cant get through to nshdirect and their internet thing isnt working.. my auntie says that they dont do anything in the hospital but tell you to wait so dont know whether to go or not... any advice what is the best course of action would be greatly appreciated. she seems fine btw. thanks

Oh dear kids will be kids :hihi: if i were you i would just ring the A&E at the childrens hospital and see what they say for your own peace of mind.

If an adult swallowed a coin then I think nature will take its course eventually, but a small child, I think I would be seeking advice straight away.

when my son was little he swallowed a ballbarin from a game,we did take him to hospital and like your aunt says they just told us to wait and see if it passed through,i guess it did cos t didnt corse any trouble for him

as long as he/she isn't choaking on it, i think it will be ok, and eventually nature will take it's course...

not like i know or anything :blush: i did something similar as a child

i'm sure if he(?) isn't in distress it'll be fine, what can anybody actually do?

when my son was little he swallowed a ballbarin from a game,we did take him to hospital and like your aunt says they just told us to wait and see if it passed through,i guess it did cos t didnt corse any trouble for him

A ball bearing, and a 10p piece are chalk and cheese. What are you waiting for woman.....get the child to Hospital...never mind SF...just get the child there immediately

call you gp's surgery they will have an out of hours No. to call at least you'll get some advice

as long as he/she isn't choaking on it, i think it will be ok, and eventually nature will take it's course...

not like i know or anything :blush: i did something similar as a child

Is it the money your worried about?

Get The Child To Hospital Immediately!

Calm down....!

Is it the money your worried about?

no but swallowing a paper clip as a child ( i know a dumb move from me) made me realise the only real way for it to come out is by nature or laxatives :P