Which youth club did you go to?

I used to go to one at meynell school and then lindsay road school.

me too,i went to both

I went to St Thomas's Youth Club on Hollywell Road Grimesthorpe, around 1968 to 1971. Great times.

steve grant,a black kid,went to chaucer....yeh,i remember him.

Well he used to deejay at meynell youth club with Mossy and marcus.

Did you know cactus who ran the youth club?

I can remember cactus,think he took over from the bloke who was the fletchers van driver....think he was called harold???

Frecheville Youth Club early 80's Tues and Thursdays. Had some great times :hihi: I remember Dave who was one of the leaders, cant remember is surname, but he let us get in for free for a few weeks if we painted the interior It took us months and it was every colour mentionable.

never went to a youth club but me & my sister used to go to " friday club " which was held in the gatty hall ecclesfield about 1968. it was organised by the st marys church who also did sunday school in the gatty hall. we used to do dancing and play various games, and we could buy pop & crisps. I always remember wanting to stay there longer when my mum came to collect us..:):)

i went to Ellesmere too Arthur Fearne, but it was in the 1961/2 period.

can anyone remember this? I would have been around 14/15 at the time.

I went to Ellesmere Youth Club around that time and would have been roughly the same age.

I used to go to one in the old school on Cundy Street, Walkley :)

Was that the one on Lowedges? top side of the school? Oh happy daze!!!

Thats the one ! I used to go in the late 70's early 80's, I met my very first Girlfriend there (Lynne Robinson). Can even remember the name of the disco 'Pyracoustic' Happy days indeed :D

Steve Grant Meynell youth club deejay in the early 80s passed away on 24th Aug 2010 he was only 46 a great guy will be missed.

Dont forget to get your ticket for the one and only Roxys reunion, at the 02 academy ticket office. On the 13th November should be a wicked night see ya there !!

Steve Grant Meynell youth club deejay in the early 80s passed away on 24th Aug 2010 he was only 46 a great guy will be missed.
i went to his funeral,judging by the numbers there,he certainly won,t be forgotten