Which youth club did you go to?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Get-well-Ted-Jenkins/1606845219571216?fref=ts

just to let people know that Ted has passed away, He was at Herdings Youth Club for 38 years R.I.P. . On Sheffield Forum his nic was Tedtenchy

Yes very sad news indeed, Ted Jenkins was an absolute legend, running the youth club, pensioner clubs, taking pensioners out, etc.

RIP Ted Jenkins

I went to heeley bank road in the old school and I loved it !!!:love:

I went to the Emmanuel Youth Club on Leeds road, Attercliffe. It was in an old school where the infamous Miss Glossop used to teach(throwing the chalk eraser at students)! I lived 5 minutes walk from the club.

Harry Savage was the club manager, and like him, many of the boys were football mad. We won the 1962/3 Sheffield Youth Club football trophy(for under 17 year olds) , managed by Harry.

Any other people from that club ?

Does anyone on here know Mandy Bullock? She lived on Marshall Road and used to go to King Egbert's school. I guess she would have been born in 1953 or 1954. I used to visit Woodseats at weekends and totally lost touch with Mandy and other members of 'the crowd' in 1970. Would love to hear from you if you remember any of the names mentioned. Thank you.

I didn’t go to St Chad’s club but several of those you mention also went to Dobcroft Road on Sunday nights and I used to meet them there. John Kelly now lives in Wallasey, I went to his 60th four years ago with Paul Titman & Dave Shepherd. Mandy was often with you when we met but I haven’t heard anything of her since. Dave is the only one still in Sheffield and the likeliest to know anything of her.

Can it be so long ago ?

nai

Many thanks for getting back to me.

I had to make several more posts on other threads to reach the quota to PM but I have now sent one to you. I hope that is ok

Greenhill and Bradway Youth Club on Lowedges. A proper, purpose built Youth club.

Really lucky to have that facility in the early 1970's when all we'd been used to was church halls with a dansette record player that were used as a youth clubs.

run by a smashing guy called John Fair if I remember correctly?

Youth Club,? you must be joking!

All we had right after the war was Play Centers at our schools.

Some of us fatherless boys had the subsidized "Tea" and then we waited around or played schoolyard football until the teachers, bless 'em, opened it up at 6.00 pm.

We learned to dance the waltz and the foxtrot, and play the occasional instrument. We were done by 8.00.

But we did get to dance with our favorite girl!

run by a smashing guy called John Fair if I remember correctly?

That's right sedith. John Fair was the Youth Club leader. He was helped out on occasions by a gentleman called 'Ted'. Wonder if it's the same guy referred to in an earlier post. There was a lady as well but can't remember her name.

I had to make several more posts on other threads to reach the quota to PM but I have now sent one to you. I hope that is ok

Yes of course, it's ok to message me. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.?