Which youth club did you go to?

Looking for Mark "Spinner" Pearson from Sheffield, see his name in this topic and i'm an old friend from Holland, way back. I hope to contact him this way?

He was living in Mosborough not long ago and going in the Norfolk Arms at the bottom of Dixon Lane in town every day selling CD's.....

just caught up with this thread and have now read most it. i run youth clubs now and it has made me encouraged me so much to hear so many people remembering so fondly the clubs they went to. i hope that what i do can be as good a thing to the people i work with as so many of you have experienced - maybe one day in 20 years time someone will mention a club i was involved in on here. thanks for all your posts :)

St Barts, Primrose Hill off Langsett Road. Great Times with all my mates there. Whose that man with the big bad head, who Ha who Ha Ha Dan's got a head like a ping pong ball, pinnnnng ponnnng

Fred Taylor

Former members of Herdings Youth Centre will be saddened to hear of the passing of Betty Clayton, a long time member of the youth work staff. Betty was a great youth worker and friend to many young people over the years, and will I am sure be remembered for many wonderful times spent with her both at the Club and on the many trips she was involved with.

---------- Post added 27-04-2015 at 20:10 ----------

Just heard that the funeral service for Betty will be on Tuesday 5th May at 12 o clock at Hutcliffe Wood Crematorium. All ex members from Herdings Youth Centre who have happy memories of Betty are welcome at the service.

Hello. Yes I remember John Hall, David Shepherd, Mandy Bullock, Paul Titmuss (I think) John Goodrich and a youth called 'Irish' who lived on Marshall Road. That's all I can remember for now - I'm sure I'll remember others.

Does anyone on here know Mandy Bullock? She lived on Marshall Road and used to go to King Egbert's school. I guess she would have been born in 1953 or 1954. I used to visit Woodseats at weekends and totally lost touch with Mandy and other members of 'the crowd' in 1970. Would love to hear from you if you remember any of the names mentioned. Thank you.

I went to the youth club that was part of Carter Lodge School in the late 70s early 80s. Loved the discos they used to have, and it was always packed out, very popular.

I remember watching The Exorcist there.

Does anyone on here know Mandy Bullock? She lived on Marshall Road and used to go to King Egbert's school. I guess she would have been born in 1953 or 1954. I used to visit Woodseats at weekends and totally lost touch with Mandy and other members of 'the crowd' in 1970. Would love to hear from you if you remember any of the names mentioned. Thank you.

Is your Christian name Janet?

I've just twigged from your user name that it is Janet. Did you used to stay with your Aunt on Woodseats?

Edited by melv

Is your Christian name Janet?

I've just twigged from your user name that it is Janet. Did you used to stay with your Aunt on Woodseats?

Hello Melv. Thanks for responding. You have indeed sussed me.? Do you know Mandy and did you go to St Chads youth club, then?

Hello Melv. Thanks for responding. You have indeed sussed me.? Do you know Mandy and did you go to St Chads youth club, then?

I'll PM you later.