Which youth club did you go to?

If I remember rightly, Bob joined the RAF & was stationed in Essex I think. Anyway, he married a local girl & returned to Sheffield in around 1965. I first met up with Bob in about 1967 when we we both working for GPO telephones. Bob worked on exchange construction & I worked on exchange maintenance, so we only bumped into each other occasionally at work after that. Bob was a keen Unitedite & I often saw him on match days in the 1970s. Bob took early voluntary redundancy in about 1993 as did I a few years later. I believe he lives in Dronfield now. Bob was a real character & he often had us all in stitches by saying something outrageous but true.

thanks for that fatrajah...I remember when we were about 11-12 and I had a girlfriend who I had a major crush on, but after a couple of weeks she told me still "liked me" but wanted to go out with Bobby as he was called then.....it was the end of the world for me as I knew it then! lol She ended up marrying a famous Sheffield footballer who shall remain nameless, and is still married to him! Wonder if Bob ever knew that!lol

Iwent to Emanuel youth club worksop road Attercliffe

I. Went to croft house youth club with the lads from watery lane, boson was in charge went there between 1954/57

Hi Ron emery, I lived near Watery Lane in that area and I`ve heard of Croft House but can`t recall where it was. I went to a club on Scotland Street but can`t remember what it was called, then in the `60s I went to Eversley House on Upperthorpe just across from the Infirmary.

Do you have a sister called Irene?

The 'Hydeaway' Youth Club, Hyde Park.

Great times, memories & friends :D

I went to St Chad's, Abbey Lane Woodseats from 1968-1970 ish. Happy Times.:)

I went to St Chad's, Abbey Lane Woodseats from 1968-1970 ish. Happy Times.:)

Any names you remember from that period ?

Any names you remember from that period ?

Hello. Yes I remember John Hall, David Shepherd, Mandy Bullock, Paul Titmuss (I think) John Goodrich and a youth called 'Irish' who lived on Marshall Road. That's all I can remember for now - I'm sure I'll remember others.

Hello. Yes I remember John Hall, David Shepherd, Mandy Bullock, Paul Titmuss (I think) John Goodrich and a youth called 'Irish' who lived on Marshall Road. That's all I can remember for now - I'm sure I'll remember others.

Didn't go to Chads Youth Club but knew John Hall and Mandy Bullock very well.

I think the Paul you mention would have been Titman. Think Irish was Michael? O'Donovan.

Didn't go to Chads Youth Club but knew John Hall and Mandy Bullock very well.

I think the Paul you mention would have been Titman. Think Irish was Michael? O'Donovan.

Hello. Yes you're quite right it is Paul Titman I'm thinking of and You're correct again with MIchael O'Donovan. Paul and David Shepherd used to be in scouts with John ...... Kelly I think.

I didn't live in Woodseats but used to stay with relatives at weekends so that's how I got to know 'the crowd':)

Hello. Yes you're quite right it is Paul Titman I'm thinking of and You're correct again with MIchael O'Donovan. Paul and David Shepherd used to be in scouts with John ...... Kelly I think.

I didn't live in Woodseats but used to stay with relatives at weekends so that's how I got to know 'the crowd':)

Hi tenaj. If that means Janet, do you want to PM me? You sound very similar to somebody I know from that time

I went to St Barts for a number of years. My name is Fred Taylor

Looking for Mark "Spinner" Pearson from Sheffield, see his name in this topic and i'm an old friend from Holland, way back. I hope to contact him this way?

Not sure if Spinner is on the forum, but I am sure lads that know him are.

Try sending a private message to a poster on this forum called GVOWL