Which youth club did you go to?

Went to woodbourn had a great character called Fred Wilson he was ex-army and very fit.we were one short at football he had no boots so played in rubber work boots.we had a very good football team also t.tennis and badminton.by the way Peter did you ever play for Intake club?

Not quite a youth club, but in the late 1950's, one evening a week, used to go to a dance group for young teens at Monteney School. There must have been a minimum age limit, because we were told that should the school inspector come a-visiting, the younger kids had to sit down as if just watching.

I went to Oaks Fold boys club at Woolly Wood School.

we used to go there in the late 60s early seventies....we actually went to w w school up until closure...

Looking for Mark "Spinner" Pearson from Sheffield, see his name in this topic and i'm an old friend from Holland, way back. I hope to contact him this way?

Anyone remember Anns Road school "play center"? So much fun dancing to early rock and roll records.......thought we'd died and gone to heaven! lol Think mostly Carfield, Ann's Road and Heeley Bank kids attended and we were around 11,12 or 13 yrs. old. Had a couple of friends from around there......anybody remember Bobby Nelson or John "Twinnie" Charlesworth? As we got a little older after the play center we would head down to the teen bar by the Post Office on London Road and thought we were part of the Blackboard Jungle!! lol

Anyone remember Anns Road school "play center"? So much fun dancing to early rock and roll records.......thought we'd died and gone to heaven! lol Think mostly Carfield, Ann's Road and Heeley Bank kids attended and we were around 11,12 or 13 yrs. old. Had a couple of friends from around there......anybody remember Bobby Nelson or John "Twinnie" Charlesworth? As we got a little older after the play center we would head down to the teen bar by the Post Office on London Road and thought we were part of the Blackboard Jungle!! lol

I don't know if this is the same Bob Nelson but I worked with someone of that name. I think he lived on Sturge Street up to the late 1960s & would be about 71 years old by now.

St Thomas Holywell Road had some fun there is it still going?

Yes it is still going but think you might be on about the previous one, we've run it from there since feb 88 but unfortunately there's only myself & Mum & Dad running it now, nobody is interested in doing voluntary work anymore. We're open Wed night 7-9, downstairs, using side doors if you want to pop in anytime.

Edited by janie-m
spelling

I. Went to croft house youth club with the lads from watery lane, boson was in charge went there between 1954/57

I don't know if this is the same Bob Nelson but I worked with someone of that name. I think he lived on Sturge Street up to the late 1960s & would be about 71 years old by now.

Yes that would be Bob that was around my age when hanging around Anns Road PlayCenter! Where did you guys work for so long, and what trade/job did Bob end up doing. Thanks for the info as it's so long ago! R

Yes that would be Bob that was around my age when hanging around Anns Road PlayCenter! Where did you guys work for so long, and what trade/job did Bob end up doing. Thanks for the info as it's so long ago! R

If I remember rightly, Bob joined the RAF & was stationed in Essex I think. Anyway, he married a local girl & returned to Sheffield in around 1965. I first met up with Bob in about 1967 when we we both working for GPO telephones. Bob worked on exchange construction & I worked on exchange maintenance, so we only bumped into each other occasionally at work after that. Bob was a keen Unitedite & I often saw him on match days in the 1970s. Bob took early voluntary redundancy in about 1993 as did I a few years later. I believe he lives in Dronfield now. Bob was a real character & he often had us all in stitches by saying something outrageous but true.

Edited by fatrajah