Which youth club did you go to?

Rowlinson was the place to be in the 70,s

---------- Post added 15-11-2013 at 16:56 ----------

It all seems such along time ago were really that young at those Christmas discos try ing to sneak pass Dave Wickins having just downed several drinks to give us courage to talk to the girls!!!!

Did anyone go to the joint Arbourthorne Methodist and Prince of Wales Road Methodist churches youth club. Known as the YPFG during the 1950s and early 60s? The minister was Rev George Beck and then Rev Jack Lucas. I remember the Roome family and the Ironside family.

I went to Norfolk YC in the 50s on arbourthorne run by a Mr Gray .I met my wife there .The names Fred Parker, Doug Ibbotson ,Alan Roebuck, Terry Senior spring to mind .There was a bunch of lads from Gleadless Valley who I knocked about with, Frank Pigott, Terry McGuire, Tony Plant and others.Great times and great memories. I lived opposite the club entrance, so had to be careful of watching parents

i remember going to a tues night club at TOP RANK FOR UNDER 18S it was a good few yrs ago now it was a good night out pop and crisps for every one I was 14 then

Ellesmere youth club in the late 60s to early 70s I can remember having some good times traveling to other club's to play them at different sport's.

i remember going to a tues night club at TOP RANK FOR UNDER 18S it was a good few yrs ago now it was a good night out pop and crisps for every one I was 14 then

Snogging under the stairs.

Greenhill and Bradway Youth Club on Lowedges. A proper, purpose built Youth club.

Really lucky to have that facility in the early 1970's when all we'd been used to was church halls with a dansette record player that were used as a youth clubs.

Greenhill and Bradway Youth Club on Lowedges. A proper, purpose built Youth club.

Really lucky to have that facility in the early 1970's when all we'd been used to was church halls with a dansette record player that were used as a youth clubs.

I went there a few times but Rowlinson was my local one.

Tell me a few names you remember.

I too went to St Columbus about 1960-63 I remember the Saturday Dances and one of the band was on Come Dancing in a Latin American formation dance team, Dog Robson, Lyne Simpson, Wendy Barker, Janet Flood, Doug Mountain, Jack Selwood, Trevor Hoskins to name but a few, we had some good times there, Norman Beatson was the Leader.I also playedfor the football team at that time.