Which youth club did you go to?

I always looked forward to Friday nights going to Wycliffe on Langsett Road.

A delapidated old building but we had some great nights there.The adults who ran it deserve medals for their efforts in putting up with us-Mr & Mrs Crookes were two of them...

I whent to Laughton Common youth club in the 70's.

I went to Herdings Youth club at the same time as Grappler (he posts on here)

used to play all the weird records me....LOL

Still remember the times there

some people I remember ar Simon Foster, Richard Cutts, PW(grappler) Bunny from the weights room, Mark Heald, Percy Parsons, Boz, Herbert Brookes and from behind the bar Audrey Archbould, Mrs Robinson and Betty Clayton and the guys that were in charge Big John, Ken Warriner, OLd Joe, Gill from another club I think and of course the daddy Mr Edward Jenkins MBE

Who exactly was Bunny? Was his name Eric Bunn perchance? I knew someone a long time ago by that name and to see it in relation to the use of weights, made me think it could possibly be the same guy. Mind you it's a long time ago and if he's still with us he'll be about 80 odd now.

I went to St Oswalds on Bannerdale Road, it was linked to the church. It held on a Sunday evening. About four lads Pete and John Barlow and two others had a bit of a group, Shadows style! We had a record player (wow!) and danced the evening away. Dave Ludlam, Carol Hickling, Tony Winfrow and Tony Pike are names I remember well. Mr Linskill was in charge, tho' there was never any bother. It wrapped up at 10pm ....prompt!!!

I went to High Green YC - mainly because I right fancied a girl who went there... nearly worked out... nearly. I Want You Back by the Jackson 5 takes me back there every time.

Read "First Job" at http://www.birkett.yolasite.com for a taste of 70's Sheffield

Hi Kezzzza; Meynell Rd Youth club in the late 50's early 60's. They organised a brilliant holiday to Finale Ligure in Italy in 1960. Those were wonderful days. I never had a "weight" problem then because we were always on our feet. Before Meynell Road we went to Wadsley Bridge Christchurch Youthclub on Penistone Road.

I understand that St Oswalds Bannerdale Road is to celebrate its centenary next year, if you had any connections with the Church or youth club, they would love to hear from you. Anyone remember the old panto days? Do you have any photographs of that time? Takes me back to Brownies, Guides and the youth club!

lindsey rd youth club late sixties.

Who exactly was Bunny? Was his name Eric Bunn perchance? I knew someone a long time ago by that name and to see it in relation to the use of weights, made me think it could possibly be the same guy. Mind you it's a long time ago and if he's still with us he'll be about 80 odd now.

No, the Bunny referred to was Des O Neill

I went to one at Foxhill School, think it was a small community centre in the grounds of the school. Many moons ago now though.

i remember foxhill,it was held in the working mens club at the side of foxhill school,went there a few times but went to yewlands youth club 3 nights a week and maynell for the music work shops now and again too.

Coal Aston in the late fifties Everly's and Elvis not to mention Eddie Cochran and Brenda Lee with widge,pat,gordon,kenny,gill, then a new one opened nearer home at the top of green lane, the new methodist church so we swopped allegiances, it was good but didn't quite have the same atmosphere. ex - dronfielder