Which youth club did you go to?

Two great rival youth clubs in the 1960,s were Carbrook school and Coleridge road school

I went to ST Thomas s youth club on Holywell Rd. Late 60s early 70s. Loved it. Had some great times

Kelvin youth club, under the flats

oh happy day's

I went to ellesmere youth club when it opened in 1941 Cheers Arthur.

Hey Arthur, I was just about to open a new thread about a Youth Club at Ellesmere Road School when I came across your input.

I went to a Youth Club there in the late 40's. I only went a couple of times or so, it wasn't really my scene, but I was chasing this girl........

I seem to remember it was organised by the League of Friends, were they Quakers or something? They had a jazz record session too, which was a bonus for me.

hiya fox20thc i used to go to hyde park youth club in 1972 , loved the coca cola in that place we used to have a laugh there

St Columbas, Crosspool on a friday night in the late 70's and early eighties.

People came for miles to go... the stamp they put on your hand took days to get off.

Think the DJ was Steve Knight ?? if memories are right...

Loved it!!

did he have a sister called deborah

I went to Rowlinson YC a few times in 1972, but as a pupil at Jordanthorpe it felt as if I was cavorting with the enemy and none of my friends would go with me so my involvement with youth clubs ended quite quickly. I was more of your hanging around on street corners with my gang type of person.

I used to go to one at meynell school and then lindsay road school.

me too can you remember who did the dj in lindsay road in 70s

Lowedges Youth Club ... A guy called John Fair ran it!

I went to Lowedges in the early 80's. We used to dance to Tainted Love and think we were cool . . . . we weren't!

I went to Lowedges in the early 80's. We used to dance to Tainted Love and think we were cool . . . . we weren't!

No, no you were cool in the 80's dancing to Tainted Love just as we thought we were cool in the 70's dancing to Donny Osmond and David Cassidy just as all teenagers think they are cool no matter what the era.

did he have a sister called deborah

Yes, I think he did debbie knight rings a bell. Lived at Crosspool. X

another 1 for st columbas,crosspool....also coldwell lane and occasionally hallam....probably i think about 1978-82......we did a great 24hr sponsored disco at st columbas,mr mann used to run it...other names of "older" helpers/djs were noel?and twins 1 of them became a police man??

Yeah, they had that little snack window where you could buy sweets....:)