Which youth club did you go to?

I alsowent to a youth club up at Dobcroft Scout Hut, also went to Millhouses methodist church youth club

Was it upstairs in the hall?I lived on that street.1940s-1960s.

I used to go weight lifting there downstairs(as I used to get sand kicked in my face) and the scouts.My dad had the Manchester hotel 1955-60 (ish) .

I went to the Helen Wilson Youth Club in early 60s .I lived on Hicks Street ,Then on to Croft House ,Finally a club near the bagshaw /John o gaunt .Totally forgot the name i used to go with my mate Kaye Griifin .Omg i never realised i got around so much .

MICKR

I went to Emmanuel Youth Club 1946-1951. Loved everyminute of it.

My big brother taught me to dance the quick step to the Twelfth Street Rag. Oh, his poor toes, and he never complained.

Would love to hear from anyone who was there at the same time.

Wasn't Miss Affleck great?

Audrey Mchale and her sister Jessica were my best pals.

Wainy

MICKR

I went to Emmanuel Youth Club 1946-1951. Loved everyminute of it.

My big brother taught me to dance the quick step to the Twelfth Street Rag. Oh, his poor toes, and he never complained.

Would love to hear from anyone who was there at the same time.

Wasn't Miss Affleck great?

Audrey Mchale and her sister Jessica were my best pals.

Wainy

Hi Margaret/ It was about 1959/60 before I started going there and I don't recall a Miss Affleck. There used to be a big coal/coke fired stove at the far end on the left of the first room as I recall - next to the office. Then there was a larger room with a stage at the far end. Did it used to be a school at one time? I lived on Beall Street back then - my two brothers were older than me and perhaps you knew them. Jack and Tony Redfearn? We can't be the only Emmanuel veterans on this site - anybody else out there??

Hi mickr Miss Affleck ran the place in those days. I always believed it had been a church that was bombed.

I must ask my brother if he can remember the Redfearn brothers.

Exept for the stove that I can't recall, you described it axactly as I remember it.

My older sister Amy went there before I did also my sister in law Ivy

Stanley Charles and his sister Lily. Red haired Gordon Hurst,. and his brother Alan.

Would be great to hear from more wouldnt it Mickr?

It certainly kept us happy and out of trouble.

Margaret

I went to St Thomas Mores youth club, on margetson crescent, 1976/77

I used to go to the Youth Club at Hyde Park Flats, saw watership down for the first time there :cry:

it was called the hyde away

Probably long before your time, I was going in the mid 60s,what about you? :):)

sorry its took so long 2 reply back to you been really busy i would say that i was going to the youthy in the 90's had some great times there

i went to wybourn youth club it was the tops !!!!!!

sorry its took so long 2 reply back to you been really busy i would say that i was going to the youthy in the 90's had some great times there

Ah well, we definetely wouldnt have run across each other then :D You wouldnt have even been a twinkle back then. Nice to hear from you though,I take it you live on or near Frecheville.

I went to St Cuthbert's off Barnsley Road, Fir Vale... I remember seeing 'The Frank White Band' there in about 1971/2...