Which youth club did you go to?

I went to one at Foxhill School, think it was a small community centre in the grounds of the school. Many moons ago now though.

I too went there.The christmas party's were great

which ones dint i go to lol

woodhouse junction (old school) was my main one

city school

carter lodge (hackenthorpe occasionly too when i used to hang around there with mi mates)

I went to Carter Lodge and also was there one in the methodist church on Springwater Ave opposite the Plover pub, I could be wrong, going back a long time and the memory isnt what it used to be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to one at Foxhill School, think it was a small community centre in the grounds of the school. Many moons ago now though.

I went to foxhill youth club it has been held in two places both different parts of the old school the first was what was the old canteen and the second was what I believe used to be the nursary part. It must be about 36 years since I went to a youth club

Mid 70s - St Columbas on Friday nights, Coldwell Lane and Stephen Hill discos, Fulwood scout hut and Christ Church Fulwood youth clubs, Hallam/Tapton school youth club/disco, Rising Sun at Nethergreen (ahem). Not that I got about, or anything ;)

I used to go to Pamona street youth club, around 1960 best five aside football team in the World we won the cup against Sheff. Wed Boys. any one go there at that time i had a triumph speed twin at the time and was one of the boys

Hillsborough Tabernacle, 1964-66. Learned how to play snooker (a sign of a mis-spent youth?). There was an old Dansette record player - I never want to hear "She Loves You" again as long as I live. The club leader was a great bloke - can't remember his name; he lived just across Middlewood Road (over a shop) and worked for the Sheffield Building Society.

I went to Holy Trinity Church Youth club, on Johnson St/Nursery St near The Wicker.

Was it upstairs in the hall?I lived on that street.1940s-1960s.

Herdings Youth Club, I remember the staff, Mrs Archbould and Mrs Robinson, Maureen, Joe, Ken, Barry, Roy and Mavis and the one and only legendary Ted Jenkins OBE.

I never went to Herdings youth club but I do remember Ted Jenks from when he was at Handsworth youth club. I wonder if there are still people like Ted who are totaly committed to youth work. I also remember Dave Taylor who was a youth worker at Handsworth. Both of these two must have had the patience of a saint to put up with us. Dave Taylor went on to Frechville youth club dont know if he's still in youth work. A bit surprised to see no mention of Handsworth.The youth club was massively popular in the sixties and early seventies. They had a disco on Fridays that was often so popular that you couldnt get in, the music was good and so were the people. A number of us met our respective partners there, dont know about the others but I dont hold that against the club. If either Dave or Ted are out there, good on you and thanks.

I trained at Meynell Road YC in the early 70's. Leader then was Derek? and Dave Gee

I used to go to Sacred Heart and Winn Gardens youth clubs in the mid sixties

i used to go to sacred heart youth club mid sixties maybe i know you>..?

Hi Kazads53

I went to Sacred Heart YC from about 1963 - 65ish although I never went to the school, my sister did. My maiden name was Meegan my sister is Kathryn Holmes.

People who I remember from that time are: Christopher Smith, Eileen Moore, i'm desparately trying to remember the names of the kids I went to St Peter's school with that lived on Hillsborough.

Marion

Hi Hector

No, the YWCA hasn't been there for years as far as I know. There used to be a YMCA hostel on Collegiate somewhere, but I feel sure Hallam university has taken it over, half knocked it down and revamped it for lectures or something.

Not sure if there even is a YWCA left in Sheffield any more? Does anyone else know? I think they had a hostel around Pitsmoor in the late 80's but think that may also have gone now.

Aitch

Yes the Sheffield YWCA is still on Pitsmoor Rd it's for

young vulnerable women and children and it's 24hrs supported.

I went to Eckington and Westfield youth clubs 1970-1975