Which youth club did you go to?

I was a member of the 'Young Seniors' at the YWCA (on Division St) in the early 1960's. Is the YWCA still there? I left Sheffield in the mid-60's.

Hi Hector

No, the YWCA hasn't been there for years as far as I know. There used to be a YMCA hostel on Collegiate somewhere, but I feel sure Hallam university has taken it over, half knocked it down and revamped it for lectures or something.

Not sure if there even is a YWCA left in Sheffield any more? Does anyone else know? I think they had a hostel around Pitsmoor in the late 80's but think that may also have gone now.

Aitch

I am a Yellott :thumbsup: or is it something I shouldn't own up to:hihi:

Doodle

I've tried to PM you but heard nothing back, did you receive it?

Please PM me

Aitch

Bus/buzz club ?? st barnebus church highfields

Hi Hector

No, the YWCA hasn't been there for years as far as I know. There used to be a YMCA hostel on Collegiate somewhere, but I feel sure Hallam university has taken it over, half knocked it down and revamped it for lectures or something.

Not sure if there even is a YWCA left in Sheffield any more? Does anyone else know? I think they had a hostel around Pitsmoor in the late 80's but think that may also have gone now.

Aitch

Thanks for letting me know about the demise of the YWCA in Sheffield. From the sounds of it there isn't that much left of the Sheffield that I knew.

does anyone remember going climbing in the peak district with the youth clubs, I was an instructor working at woodhouse/frecheville/john barnett and with most of the clubs in the south east area of sheffield, I also took a few clubs caving as well.

does anyone remember going climbing in the peak district with the youth clubs, I was an instructor working at woodhouse/frecheville/john barnett and with most of the clubs in the south east area of sheffield, I also took a few clubs caving as well.

I went to Park Youth Centre and I can remember going absieling and rock climbing, but cant remember where!! And we went canoeing at Rother Valley.

yes i also did canoeing instruction at rother valley before the base moved to underbank, with the climbing and absieling the most popular place was yarncliffe with good absieling also on the cioch behind the fox house in the burbage valley.

I went to St Columbus & Coldwell Lane Youth Clubs - Some great memories like carol singing on way home one winter just for a laugh and pocketing crate loads of money along Manchester Road. Buying fish & chips from the chippy in Crosspool ..... where has the time gone!

I went to St Columbus & Coldwell Lane Youth Clubs - Some great memories like carol singing on way home one winter just for a laugh and pocketing crate loads of money along Manchester Road. Buying fish & chips from the chippy in Crosspool ..... where has the time gone!

I remember the chippy, and St. Columbas youth club. I went there around 1957/58. Someone else mentioned the Coldwell Lane one which I dont remember. The Saturday night dances at St. Columbas were the thing in the early 60's. I was in a band called the Raiders. We played alternate weeks to Vance Arnold (Joe Cocker). He was a lot better than us!

I belonged to two youth clubs. One was at Darnall Congregational Church every Saturday night (Saturday, can you believe that?) and the other was Mondays and Fridays at Darnall Church. Brilliant times we had at both.

Lindsay Rd Youth club and Colley.

Meynell and High Greeen

early 70s