Which youth club did you go to?

I went to the (strangely named) Helen Wilson Settlement at the bottom of Rutland Road. We had a football team who did quite well but it was a bit stange to hear people shouting "Come on Helen Wilson"

Also went over to Ellesmere a few times cos they had table tennis tables.

I used to go to one at meynell school and then lindsay road school.

i went to one at lindsay road , what good ol times they were too, one of my friends fell through the roof and broke his leg bless him

whats your name muckynees.

I used to go there about the same time, Les Pugh was one of the people who helped run it.
(Sorry I have only just picked up the reply)

Yes I remember him. I can remember us doing a panto - Cinderella - it was a hoot! And also remember running with a flaming torch from Sheffield City Centre to the Club - I was Knackered! They were good days! Who can you rememeber?

i used to go to meynell.probably late 70's

which ones dint i go to lol

woodhouse junction (old school) was my main one

city school

carter lodge (hackenthorpe occasionly too when i used to hang around there with mi mates)

Hi Methball, you say you went to Woodhouse and Carterlodge Youth club if you dont mind me asking around what year was that, because you might be able to help me on a serch . Please let me know, if you want to reply please send me a PM

Thanks

The one at Meynell Rd School,early 1960s.

ecclesfield youth club at ecclesfield junior school

Hillsborough Boy's

My uncle chester used to run that club with my auntie

I went to the (strangely named) Helen Wilson Settlement at the bottom of Rutland Road. We had a football team who did quite well but it was a bit stange to hear people shouting "Come on Helen Wilson"

Also went over to Ellesmere a few times cos they had table tennis tables.

I went to the Helen Wilson in the sixties, lived across the road in Manners Street, but I also went a little club called the circle, run by an old lady from up rutland road, that was above the co-op on Boyland street. I'm willing to bet there's not many out there that attended that club