Which youth club did you go to?

i went to the one under the hyde park flats as well it was brilliant

i went to the one next to wincobank infants school on newman road, around 1980 ish.

cant remember much about it really ... other than being scared of the bigger kids who hung around outside!!

wybourn youth club in the sixties also the mustard seed 70-71

Herdings Youth Club, I remember the staff, Mrs Archbould and Mrs Robinson, Maureen, Joe, Ken, Barry, Roy and Mavis and the one and only legendary Ted Jenkins OBE.

anyone go to the youth club on Havelock Bridge. It was actually on the ground between Shoreham St and Queens Road. I seem to recall it being called St Wilfred's. That was c1968. I remember dancing to Witch Queen of New Orleans, Young Gifted and Black, Build me up Buttercup and Bad Moon Rising

Anyone remember St Paul's youth club at the church hall on the Arbourthorne - top of East Bank Road - what a bunch of characters!! Many of us "grew up" there, all happening around 1956-60.

Herdings Youth Club, I remember the staff, Mrs Archbould and Mrs Robinson, Maureen, Joe, Ken, Barry, Roy and Mavis and the one and only legendary Ted Jenkins OBE.

Yes Herdings was one of my haunts along with my husband and his cousins (anyone know the Yellott family?). Yes the legendary Ted Jenkins OBE was there then (1968.)

Prior to that, I used to go to St Teresa's on Prince of Wales Road for a time with an ex-boyfriend about 65/66.

My kids also used to go to Earl Marshal where another legend worked, Gwen Harris.

Happy days :thumbsup:

I went to one at Foxhill School, think it was a small community centre in the grounds of the school. Many moons ago now though.

Did anyone go to the Holy Cross youth club at Gleadless or the Salvation Army youth club near Manor Top around 1966-69?

I attended Stradbroke Youth Club which was formed at Stradbroke School shortly after it opened in the early 1950's. The school doubled up as a community centre and there were activities every evening of the week. I learnt to play double bass there and was a member of a six piece dance band called The Melodaires which played for dancing on Saturday evenings. Two of the members were at King Ted's, two at the Central Tech. The drummer was older and working and I was at Nether Edge. This was a good grounding for my progression into trad jazz a few years later.

I went to Coleridge Road youth club from 1964 to 1971 and played football/ table tennis/ and cricket and through Coleridge road youth club I represented sheffield youth clubs on a few occasions also won 5/6/7 a side competitions for numerous years with them

Explorers, Pathfinders and CYFA from 1970 - 1980, great days.