Which youth club did you go to?

Woodbourn rd in the 70s.Pretty good until some brain dead idiot smashed it up.:confused:

Went to st columbas in crosspool a few times but mainly coldwell lane youth club about 1971 or was it yesterday!!!!!:)

I went to Eckington Youth Club in the 60's, we used to have 'dances' every Sunday, and I remember Joe Cocker and his band appearing there a few times. Also went to Westfield youth club when it was first opened.

Went to st columbas in crosspool a few times but mainly coldwell lane youth club about 1971 or was it yesterday!!!!!:)

I went to St Columba's around 1956-58. Norman Beatson was in charge. I used to live on Stephen Hill Road which is almost opposite the church.

From 1960, I used to go to the Saturday night dances there. Have played on stage there; same stage as Joe Cocker but unfortunately, on different Saturdays with a different group.

There was another youth club at the Methodist church at the top of Benty Lane. Am not sure if the Coldwell Lane club was running in my era. It may well have been. They used to hold dances on Coldwell Lane field. Joe Cocker was there in 1964.

I have a book with loads of photos of Crosspool taken over the last 100 years. Its on loan to my Dad but can get details if you're interested. Another recommended read for all Sheffielders is 'Not Like a Proper Job', by John Firminger and Martin Lilleker. Its the story of popular music in Sheffield 1955-1975 as told by those who made it.

Off Coldwell Lane is Moorbank Rd where an old schoolpal of mine lived. His Dad owned the quarry opposite the Bell Hagg Inn.

I went to St Swithins(sp) on Basseldene Road on the Manor..

:) :)

I went to Croft House, loved it there !

I used to go to mount tabour in parsons cross with my friend lisa blears.

I have great memories of Hallam youth club way back around 77/78. Music was great and the DJ's were Graham Blincow and later Richard Tandy, both of whom went onto regular spots on Radio Hallam.

I went to Croft House and then when it was built the William Temple on Harborough avenue.

Great times and good dances.

This was in the middle to late 50s

:( I was never allowed to go to any youth clubs me :( I went to St Johns Ambulance and Girls Life Brigade and Ballet and Sunday school but not Youth Clubs.......:suspect: