Optimist or Pessimist?

What are you? an optimist or a pesimist? do you consider a glass is half full or half empty? What is your attitude to life? Are you tolerant or aggressive? Do you beleive in live and let live or find fault with everyone and everything? Are you a happy person and try to get on with others? Do you enjoy your life? or is it one long tale of woe and despair? grumbling and complaining all the time.

I am an optimist who enjoys every moment of my life and think there is always something better coming tomorrow, looking forward to the next day and whatever

it may bring. Thirsting for knowledge and the challenge of new horizons, travel, holidays and new exciting experiences.

Youre very lucky to have that attitude! Id like to be optomistic all the time too, but sometimes its hard to think that way all the time. I generally dont let things bother me as i think life is too short to get stressed about little things, and whatever goes wrong you just have to think yourself lucky that nothing even worse happened, as there is generally someone a lot worse off somewhere. I always try to find things too look forward to too, for example, I have my A-levels coming up, which many people I know are very stressed about and will think its the be all and end all if they fail, but i just think of them as small hurdles to get through as im sure ill have things to look forward to after them, even if its something boring like having any more to do ever again!

Hi Kittykat,

Just wondered how many people feel the way that I do, there is nothing wrong with being more serious as I also have times when I feel a bit down. Suppose I am lucky being born with this feeling of optimism, it has certainly helped me throuigh my life.

When I have found myself up against everything I have always managed to think positivly. At the moment I am studying Excell 2000 spreadsheets, but it is so difficult for me that I am not sure if I shall succeed. Anyhow I shall do my best and hope it is good enough. Nice to talk to you, keep smiling. :lol::lol::lol:

I don't really class myself as optimist or pesimist, it all depends on the situation.

Passive or agressive also depends on the situation!

I like to think I am a happy person and pride myself on getting along with most people, but I don't kid myself into thinking I can get along woth everyone!

I do enjoy life (apart from the bills)!

Yeah Excell Spreadsheet is quite difficult. I did an introductory course last year as part of a computer literacy thing. I didnt realise how many things spreadsheet did! I cant remember any of it now though and i dont think i passed that element of the test. Good luck though - i find that being half optomistic and half pessimistic helps with tests - Go in thinking youre going to pass but come out thinking youve failed - that way Im never disappointed either way.

I would classify myself as a realistic optimist. Even if the outcome of a given thing is not what you hoped for, you will find new opportunities in failure. I always have, one might say I've made a career out of failure.

Pessimism is all about hedging your bets. Assuming you will fail or the situation is hopeless means that if you are wrong, you will be happy to be proved wrong, and if you are right it means you can say 'I told you so'

Optimist.

I have a habit of laughing a lot, especially when things go wrong. If I fall over and hurt myself and don't laugh, I'm very seriously injured :lol:

Funny really, cos I'm on and off medication for depression and probably will be for the rest of my life. I reckon it's my sense of humour that's kept me going - even when everything's really grotty there's always something around the corner to laugh at.

Or maybe I'm just a really weird pessimist... :lol:

Smiles all round :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived