.FLV File Type - What program?

Hi all

I have downloaded what i believe to be a move, however it has a .FLV file extension? Google rekons this is a flash player file, but i have downloaded flash player pro and it only recongised SWF and EXE files!

Help!

Hi all

I have downloaded what i believe to be a move, however it has a .FLV file extension? Google rekons this is a flash player file, but i have downloaded flash player pro and it only recongised SWF and EXE files!

Help!

I personally use Media Player Classic (installed as part of k-lite mega codec pack):).

Hmm, try VLC player. Its free and plays alot of File extensions. Worth a try :thumbsup:

I personally use Media Player Classic (installed as part of k-lite mega codec pack):).

Media Player doesnt recognise .FLV

Hmm, try VLC player. Its free and plays alot of File extensions. Worth a try :thumbsup:

No joy.....

No joy.....

I lied. It play it but t dead jumpy!

flv is flash video, which is the format used by google and youtube. The player posted above is the only one I've seen that will play them like normal video files.

Media Player doesnt recognise .FLV

MediaPlayer Classic, not WMP (when installed as part of the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack).

I know this works, as I use it to play FLV files on thiese PCs:thumbsup:.

really? i use both those but only ever get sound

personally i use vlc for .flv files

i download .flv files off google video and youtube

i use firefox with the very handy video downloader extension which gives you an icon in the bottom right corner just above the clock, i click that when on the video page i want to download and a screen pops up with a download link

although a very few videos do come up for download as avi or mpgs most are .flvs