What are your views on the Alcohol Restriction Zone in the city centre?

Is Sheffield City Centre safer as a result of the ARZ?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Is Sheffield City Centre safer as a result of the ARZ?

• Yes
    • No

Is London road realy known for anti-social behaviour ?

I haven't seen much trouble on there (except on match days)

I would have put West Street at the top of a list of places with drink related problems, every other building is a pub after all.

I'd have said so, yes. West Street is probably worse though, granted.

Haven't you noticed before football matches that fans which the police are around, do not have bottles or glasses with them in the streets?

I don't go to matches, but wondered if you'd noticed this?

With the notable exceptions of the Moorfoot and the Lord Nelson (which always have drinkers spilling out of the door on matchdays), none of the pubs used by fans (who otherwise wouldn't be there), are within the Zone's remit.

Maybe the Standard, but I don't think as many fans use that now, compared to years gone by.

To answer your first point however, take a look outside the Cricketer's on Beautiful Downtown Bramall Lane close to kick off, and just after full time. Plenty of people outside with a beer. Similarly outside the Sportsman on Denby Street.

Both of which are outside the ARZ by a couple of hundred yards.

With the notable exceptions of the Moorfoot and the Lord Nelson (which always have drinkers spilling out of the door on matchdays), none of the pubs used by fans (who otherwise wouldn't be there), are within the Zone's remit.

the red lion on charles street is within the zone and is used more frequently on match days.

on match days we are absolutely heaving with a great family atmosphere and food served until 2. we have loads of families in specifically to eat and meet up with other fans before making their way to bramall lane.

we always get the odd chancer trying to take their beer outside, but when we've got a lovely beer garden theres just no need and a polite word normally brings them inside fairly swiftly (when that fails, the threat of taking their beer off them is even more effective ;) )

however, non match days...its pretty quiet! even with temptation of homecooked food.

x

the red lion on charles street is within the zone and is used more frequently on match days.

on match days we are absolutely heaving with a great family atmosphere and food served until 2. we have loads of families in specifically to eat and meet up with other fans before making their way to bramall lane.

we always get the odd chancer trying to take their beer outside, but when we've got a lovely beer garden theres just no need and a polite word normally brings them inside fairly swiftly (when that fails, the threat of taking their beer off them is even more effective ;) )

however, non match days...its pretty quiet! even with temptation of homecooked food.

x

Cheers for that! Didn't think you allowed kids in or I'd have been down with my eldest before :thumbsup:

In fairness, the Red Lion isn't the sort of place the Burberry set would be on match days though ....... too much choice, too many roads to cross ........ they'd get confused ........

Cheers for that! Didn't think you allowed kids in or I'd have been down with my eldest before :thumbsup: ........

yep, families are welcome, the only condition is that kids dont stand/sit in the bar area, but when theres plenty of non-smoking space round the pool table and in the conservatory, its never a problem. foods on from 12 till 2 so get yourself down and see for yourself, i hope you wont be disappointed.

In fairness, the Red Lion isn't the sort of place the Burberry set would be on match days though ....... too much choice, too many roads to cross ........ they'd get confused ........

:hihi: we do get the odd few, but theyre never any bother.

x