What are your views on the Alcohol Restriction Zone in the city centre?

Is Sheffield City Centre safer as a result of the ARZ?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Is Sheffield City Centre safer as a result of the ARZ?

• Yes
    • No

In December last year an alcohol restriction zone was introduced into the city centre to stop people drinking in the street. Many cities around the country have this zone in place to assist police with crowd control, reduce problems when pubs and clubs turn out, assist with football fans in the city and to reduce anti social behaviour...

Do you have any tales to tell since the zone was introduced? Is the city centre safer now as a result of this zone?

In December last year an alcohol restriction zone was introduced into the city centre to stop people drinking in the street. Many cities around the country have this zone in place to assist police with crowd control, reduce problems when pubs and clubs turn out, assist with football fans in the city and to reduce anti social behaviour...

Do you have any tales to tell since the zone was introduced? Is the city centre safer now as a result of this zone?

Wouldn't be able to see that there was one to be honest. I haven't noticed any difference whatsoever.

Don't think it makes/has made a differnce if I'm honest.

no differance- the usual dregs hang around at the same places drinking the same stuff!

I didn't know there was one, i used to regularly see 3 men drinking beer or cider at the bottom of the moor when i used to catch my bus up that way, and this was in a morning :rolleyes: and even today saw a lovely young lady ;) walking along with a can of cheap lager at 10.30am down castle market :rolleyes:

Moves the problem on from Street drinkers. It makes no overall difference.

Here's the link from last year's thread

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/archive/index.php/t-79375.html

It's not just about street drinkers, it's about when you are out and about at night in the city centre, to protect people from those fuelled up with drink and chucking bottles around. It's about football fans who spill out of pubs with glasses in their hands before and after matches. It's about helping the police with the large number of potentially violent situations.

Here's the link from last year's thread

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/archive/index.php/t-79375.html

It's not just about street drinkers, it's about when you are out and about at night in the city centre, to protect people from those fuelled up with drink and chucking bottles around. It's about football fans who spill out of pubs with glasses in their hands before and after matches. It's about helping the police with the large number of potentially violent situations.

Again, no difference.

sod all differnece really i still pass people drinking in the streets on my way to and from work