Time for a meet? (November)

Time for a meet?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Time for a meet?

• The Cask and Cutler - as usual
    • The Fat Cat - for a change
    • The Rising Sun - Netherfield
    • The New Norfolk - Rivelin(?) Manchester Rd(?)
    • Other (suggest on thread)
    • Monday
    • Tuesday
    • Wednesday
    • Thursday
    • Friday

Can we come?? I know we haven't been on a walk yet but i keep looking at when they are.

Has a decision been made on where and when this is yet??

Course you can. Judging from the great 'Where is this?' game thread, I would have thought this group was right up your street.

I'm favouring a city centre pub - even though the Cask is near. It's fairer to everyone. :o Blimey! Hark at me being considerate for a change!

No real preference for days, so I'm only sticking me oar in a little bit. ;)

and just one other tiny little thing......

I have given up trying to extract enough information from SYPTE about where to catch woodhouse buses from to actually be able to get home on one too - so don't talk to me about non-train public transport :suspect:

I was chatting to a friend who lives in Woodhouse last night and she said you can get them from the bus station and on Arundel Gate. This site has a good timetable enquiry/journey planner.

the problem is that loads of buses go to woodhouse, so when I asked at the travel centre (and I've tried this 3 times now) they always demand to know which part of woodhouse. I'd be happy to walk to my house from any bus stop, but that isn't good enough for them, I'm only allowed one bus.

I've scoured the racks in the travel centre as best I could, but they are arranged in bus number, not destination, which is small print really. I tried the online service for catching a bus home, but stand A5 (or whatever) tells me absolutely nothing about where the blasted thing is

If you're not from Sheffield, you're not entitled to catch buses :mad:

We'll take the car or train to the meet :thumbsup:

Well it looks like Thursday at the Cask and Cutler is the democratic choice. Is everyone up for this? We have LOTS to talk about!

Well it looks like Thursday at the Cask and Cutler is the democratic choice. Is everyone up for this? We have LOTS to talk about!

Yep, I`ll be there! Incidentally, as an out-of-towner, where`s the Cask and Cutler?

Yep, I`ll be there! Incidentally, as an out-of-towner, where`s the Cask and Cutler?

Right on the Shalesmoor junction, where the tram turns 90 degrees from Hanover Way towards Infirmary Road

Right on the Shalesmoor junction, where the tram turns 90 degrees from Hanover Way towards Infirmary Road

you mean that pub on the right next to Albert Jacksons that I pass on my way home from work every night? duh!

cheers for that! see you there

No Scubz, that the Ship Inn. It's across the way, nearer to Tesco - the grotty looking pub, painted pink. Nice inside though! There's parking on the side streets, for those who need it.

Nice inside though!

Have they redecorated recently or something..? :confused:;)

I was thinking along the lines of the inside of the pint glass!

So the Cask and Culter this Thursday night??.

What time??