7 hours ago, spuggy said:

It was on Church Street, just down from the Hare and Hounds. It was just over the boundary of the Stannington United cricket ground - we had many “discussions” with Bobby and Donna asking for our ball back….

Thanks for letting me know that. I thought it might have been my cottage. I live on Bankfield Lane and have a white cottage.  Do you know if the cottage Bobby lived in still exists? Can you find it on Street View?

22 hours ago, fudgepot said:

Thanks for letting me know that. I thought it might have been my cottage. I live on Bankfield Lane and have a white cottage.  Do you know if the cottage Bobby lived in still exists? Can you find it on Street View?

My guess is that it would have been one of the four houses at the junction of Church St and School Lane. That would have coincided with the square leg / point boundary. There was no cricket on there after about 2003 when some oik burnt the pavilion down, now a housing estate and nursing home.

18 hours ago, spuggy said:

My guess is that it would have been one of the four houses at the junction of Church St and School Lane. That would have coincided with the square leg / point boundary. There was no cricket on there after about 2003 when some oik burnt the pavilion down, now a housing estate and nursing home.

18 hours ago, spuggy said:

Thanks for letting me know that.  I'll try to find it when I next go for a walk around that area. Hopefully it's still there.