he was probaqbly going to the asda at chapeltown. i missed the chance to run him over in the car park last week.

i remember watching him as a kid at a panto always using the old corny jokes. unfortunately my mum quite liked him.

i also used to like to see bobby nut on the clubs his jokes were funny then. see him alot in asda at chapeltown saw him last week hes easy recognised with that big hat and anyone remember marti caine i used to go to school with her.

My God, there has been some awful stuff said about this poor guy. He gave me my first break in television. He took a chance on me as a totally unknown writer and my career took off from there. I found him to be a genuine bloke and a true gentleman.

Terry

Did he have a moustache and glasses Little Malc?

Bobby Knutt (Robert Wass) liked on Lindsay Drive and he worked for Wigfalls repairing TV's when he first left School. I lived on Lindsay Rd and knew him well.

Oh Yes, Bobby Knutt - his slogan was 'Sheffield's Own Comedian' - in his opinion and nobody else's. About as funny as an orphanage on fire on Christmas Eve.

Robert Wass (Bobby Knutt) went to Abbeydale Boys Grammar School on Springfield Rd.

He lived then at the bottom of Cemetery Rd near to London Rd.. This was late 50s early 60s.

He was a year older than me and a bit "cocky" at school.

He was also a bit on the small side then but "bulked " up with weight training as he got older.

Last saw him at Bridlington about 12 years ago but his act didn't travel well and he was getting a bit maudlin.

Eyy -up kids!!!!!!! eyy -up knutty!!!

i remember him in many a pantomime . worked with him a fair few times too in my career of old...

bobby knutt was about as funny as an orphanage on fire .

Edited by paddyO

do any of you know if bobby knutt has any children, in particular a son?

sounds an odd question but i need to contact him and would like to find out a little more if poss!

thanks guys

xAx

bobby knutt was about as funny as an orphanage on fire after being struck with avian flue

I remember Bobby Knutt and Paul Shane as top acts who filled the clubs by 1830 on a Saturday night, so they must have had something. I myself thought they were brilliant. I'll never forget fist seeing Shaney at the Dail House, doing his inpression of Charles Laughton-as Quasimodo, singing My Way. Sheer brilliance!!

Went to Sharm el Sheik last year, saw Bobby Knutt in the airport and shouted "ey up Knutty".

Turned out it was Bobby Ball!!!

Well its the curly hair n tache - they all look alike!

:hihi:I saw a poster advertising PANTO and one of the cast was Bobby Knut - didnt take much notice of where, when etc - But at least he's still alive (just):hihi: