Fellbrig Rd, Arbourthorne Rd, Framlingham Rd.

what is your name? my mum noreen asked me to ask you.
hi there i have sent you a pm :)

Hi I am using my husbands thread but I just want to say I lived at 466 Arbouthorne Road from 1954 to 1961 I got married in 1960 but we lived with my mum and dad for a year. I used to play with Ernest Twigg and lived next door to Joan Taylor my mum and dad was Harold and Flo Allwood and my name is Carol. I went to Arbnourthorne Central just for 1 year and then to Hurlfield Girls School until I was 15 in 1957

Hi Carol

I lived at 427 Arbourthorne Rd just across the road from Joan Taylor, next door to Mrs Gilbert, she had a grown up daughter called Annie -- I was bridesmaid for her when she married Frank. Next door to Mrs G was Tommy Greensmith and I think Flo Midwood lived next to them.

I left there around 1949 when we exchanged houses with a man who swept chimneys and wife.

hazel

Hello Hazel I remember the Gilberts. The otherside us lived an old maid Miss Smith. Over the back from us lived The Wilds Josie was a bit younger than me. It was a shame about Ernest Twigg. I did here about when it happened. I have lived in Australia now since 1971 with my husband and two boys who are now married and we have 5 grandchildren. We have been back 9 times for a visit to see the family. Hope to hear from you again love Carol

Flo Midwood is my nanan. she had a daughter called Noreen after Ernest, Noreen is my mum. i never met my nanan Flo, i was born when she just died.

my grandad Ernest was quiet and a lovely man. i never met my uncle Ernest, he died when he was 35.

Can you ask your Mum if Ernest (your uncle) worked as a motor bike mechanic at Wilf Green's Motorcycle shop in 1958 / 1959. I worked with a lad of that name then and he lived somewhere on the Arbourthorne

I remember the Diskins Tom I think was the dads name he drank in the Fellbrig

a son called Tom and two girls not sure but I think one of the girls married a soldier the other a nurse.

Hi i lived at 42 fellbrigg road im Joanne former leitch i remember a lot of people that lived on that road. All the Wilds and also Cutts and Bells there was four of us Denise, kevin , David and me. I remember Brian Cutts and Richard Cutts and Corina and also Anthony, We lived next door to them. I went to Arbourthorne school then on to Ashleigh and left in 1986.

Happy days.

used to go in the fellburig years back it was a top place in it,s day.

I remember the Diskins Tom I think was the dads name he drank in the Fellbrig

a son called Tom and two girls not sure but I think one of the girls married a soldier the other a nurse.

there was one called dominic who has started a thread on here about

Residents of Arbourthorne rd .

I remember Edna Collins! the Collins lived directly across the road from us, about number 117? or thereabouts, we lived at No 68, I remember she had a older sister called Sylvia (I think), she had one of the first car's to be brought onto the road, a green Mk1 Ford Consul, must have been around 1950ish, wonder what happened to them?

Thanks for that owdsmiffy They must have neen doing pretty well to have ANY kind of car but a CONSUL.... we would have died for one of those!!!. We lived a little further down off East Bank Rd and don't think I ever saw anyone with a car untill the sixties around there. You must have been "posh" up there!! lol

We would hang around St. Pauls youth club and also Arbourthorne Community Center for the dances while we were still around 13 or 14 and met Edna there along with her girlfriend Pat Bell. Like you I wonder what happened to those families!!