'Half' of disabled parking badges illegal

It would be very easy to sort this out.

Firstly, get stiffer penatlies for misuse.

Then the police just need to visit Tesco every day and arrest 90% of the people who park in the disabled bays. Of the other 10% about half have something real wrong with them and the rest are too fat.

arrest 90% of the people who park in the disabled bays. Of the other 10% about half have something real wrong with them and the rest are too fat.

:loopy: :loopy: :loopy:

:loopy: :loopy: :loopy:

do you realise that loopying someone is the online equivalent of telling someone they're really thick in a patronising voice? i'd be a bit careful how i use that, if i were you, particularly when aiming them at someone who is likely to fight back (and win).

What???? Saying 90% of people in Tesco's using the disabled parking bays with badges are illegal and of the other 10% only half of them are 'deserving' is talking logical common sense?? I think it's a load of twaddle designed to wind people up which is why I didn't even lower my response with words.

What???? Saying 90% of people in Tesco's using the disabled parking bays with badges are illegal and of the other 10% only half of them are 'deserving' is talking logical common sense?? I think it's a load of twaddle designed to wind people up which is why I didn't even lower my response with words.

ah, so you don't shop at tesco on infirmary road....:hihi:

just warning you about what might happen with that thar loopy icon, that's all...

'night all.

If only 5% of those using blue badges are 'legal and deserving' as kenH implies (in what could be termed a sweeping generalisation) perhaps the whole scheme should just be scrapped? That way no-one can complain about people with blue badges parking in designated spaces in the supermarket.

I liked the people prosecuted in the link: Solicitor, Bank employee, Care home manager. Trustworthy fellows one and all.:D

I think that it's obviously going to be abused in London because of such a financial gain.

I hear of few (well, almost none) stories in Sheffield about this sort of thing.

Although one story which amused me, My Mum (blue badge holder) and Dad went to Tescos at Berkeley Precinct a few months back(in the evening), and that store has 2 spaces.

They were both taken by 'sports cars' one of which had just pulled up, so my Dad went up, saw there was no badge, and shouted the bloke over, and said 'this a disabled spot', to which the man replied 'yeah, but it's after 6.30'

My Dad replied 'so disabled people don't go out after 6.30?':hihi:

(he didn't move it though)

It would be very easy to sort this out.

Firstly, get stiffer penatlies for misuse.

To wit; if your car is parked with an illegal disabled badge, it should be crushed.

In reply to those people on this thread who seem to think it is barmy to suggest that 90% of blue badge holders are illegal I have a single suggestion - get some help with your reading.

What I actually said was that 90% of those people using the bays are illegal. I use the Chesterfield Tesco and I would say that cars in disabled spaces with badges are a minority. Of those that have badges, I regularly see perfectly fit people getting out of the cars and walking into the shop. In contrast I see older people who are slow on their feet, and who struggle a bit, park in the normal car park and walk, presumably because they think the exercise will stop them needing a badge. Yesterday I watched a lady park right outside the entrance and get her elderly mother (I assume) into a wheelchair before parking the car, which seemed an entirely sensible way of behaving. Obviously there are a very few people who need to park in disabed spaces but I would say I see possibly one or sometimes two on every visit to the shop but there are rows and rows of spaces for disabled users, often full of fancy cars with no badges. In other cases I see cars with badges that are clearly unfit for anyone with a real disability because even I would struggle to get in them. I also see the occasional big fat disabled bay user who would be better off walking all the way to the shop.

Only half?

All you have to do is stand at the argos entrance at meadowhall and look at all the people that park in disabled spots to know the system is a bit of a joke.

Of those that have badges, I regularly see perfectly fit people getting out of the cars and walking into the shop.

So we can abolish the system in place, costing millions of pounds a year, to determine whether or not someone is in need of such a badge, and just have you take one look at them for half a second?

:rolleyes: Just because someone LOOKS fit to YOU, proves nothing whatsoever about whether they need, deserve, or legally own, a badge.