UFO sightings in Sheffield

I cant remember the year, must be around 99, but it was the same time that comet was flying over (Hale bopp I think it was).

I remember sitting in my mum's on the phone to my ex, talking about the comet, and looking out the window, when I saw a massively low plane, and remarked about it to the then missus. It was stupidly low, and looked really old.

Next day I was out near Dore up on the top bit heading towards Fox House way, and there were helicopters, police everywhere.

Does anyone remember this? I think it was in the Star too. Wierd though.

Oh and I once saw a silvery ball type thing that I never could explain, hovering before flying off at massive speed, over Totley. Never did know what that was but my brother and I both saw it whilst at work. That was about 10 years back now.

UFOs to me, because I cant identify them, or explain them.

Ive seen lots of things in the sky above Sheffield but the thing that stands out the most was in the late 90s.

I was waiting for the Shuttle to pass over head and as I looked, I saw a little light, as small as a small star.

It was directly above me and it was moving.

It was smaller and dimmer than a satellite and it suddenly zig-zagged and went sort of "Fuzzy".

You know when a plane puts on its air brakes and a sort of Fuzz appears around it? Well it was like that but it was the colour of a star.

The fuzzyness brightened and the zig-zagging became more pronounced and the object speeded up.

The fuzzyness then went and the object flew atraight again and slowly faded into nothing.

The entire maneuver took place in... imagine holding an apple at arms length... well the entire thing took place in a small space like that so it must have been very high.

As Ive said, Ive seen quite a few things in the sky over Sheffield, far more than I see out here in the countryside and Im not far from the East midlands airport and I can usually identify whatever it is I see.

I never found an explanation for that though.

I cant remember the year, must be around 99, but it was the same time that comet was flying over (Hale bopp I think it was).

There was a cult (Heaven's Gate) that said behind Hale Bopp was a UFO coming to collect them.

There was a cult (Heaven's Gate) that said behind Hale Bopp was a UFO coming to collect them.

Found it...

24th March 1997 it was.

Search for ghost plane sheffield march 1997 and there's loads about it. I remember it well.

Apparently UFO's have been seen over Wentworth village near Rotherham, I think there is another life form but not from outer space. I believe in life after death in some way but if you come back in a UFO well thats brilliant all the way from Heaven. I just just there is a Meadowhall in Heaven because I need to shop and wo knows I maybe be able to buy a UFO to visit Sheffield............

Found it...

24th March 1997 it was.

Search for ghost plane sheffield march 1997 and there's loads about it. I remember it well.

24th of March 1997 was the day I moved to Sheffield! :twisted:

Me and my partner were walking to Crosspool via the Crookes Cemetary. When we were walking through the cemetary my partner noticed something in the sky. The object was triangular, rotating slowly and travelling at a slow pace in a dead straight line. It was metallic orange in colour and after a few minutes (where we tried to rationalise what it could be!) it disappeared. This was in May 2008 and a few weeks ago (June 2008) I was having a cigarette out the window in Crookes, when I spotted a smiliar object in the distance. It behaved in a similar matter and disappeared a few moments after I saw it. Has anybody else seen anything similar or have any rational explaination as to what this could be?

I was just wondering if anyone here has seen a UFO flying over Sheffield at any time? There have been reports in the Star about sightings over the years. Remember, UFO means UNIDENTIFIED Flying Object, i.e. something that can't be identified as a satellite or jumbo or something, not necessarily an alien craft. Anyone?

Blue Meenies,

Green Meenies,

I've forgotten what a firework is???

:hihi::suspect:

as i left my house in sheffield last nite in the sky were two sets of three bright orange orbs in triangle formation. They appeared out of nowhere and quickily dissapeared, whatever they wher thay were silent. this happened around 20.00 did anyone else experience any sightings?

Have any of you guys seen the documentary called "The Disclosure Project"?

You should watch it. You can find it on google videos. its got all these high officials statements about ufo's, aliens, and otherh secret stuff.

back in the early 1980s myself and about 6 work coleagues working nights in a bakery at crookes in sheffield,we was having a smoke break outside in the van yard where the view overlooked all the way across the valley of sheffield,when one of the lads said whats that,we all looked and way across the other side of the city we saw a very bright light that seemed to be going up and down and from side to side,we all to be honest just stood there laughing at each others comments at what it could be,then after watching it for over 10 mins it suddenly shot off across the valley of sheffield at a very high speed, going out of site behind the houses over walkley before revealing itself once more 3 or 4 sotereys high close to where we worked on school road it was very bright round in shape at 1st then again shot off at high speed seeming to change shape,me and my m8s just looked at each other said wtf and just went back to work rubbing our eyes,also seen other unexplained things in the skies over the years but nothing like the 1 back in the 80s.

UFO's have been around for billions of years, why would they travel millions of light years to this tiny planet, hover about then shoot off? surley by now they would have landed to make themselves known wouldnt they? ill tell you why, because they dont friggin exist. just like ghosts, poltergoose, loch ness monster,demons,fairies etc etc. All made up stories.