Where can I buy Sheffield Steel Knives?

Hi All,

My folks are visiting from Canada, and are interested in purchasing some good knives made with, naturally, Sheffield steel.

Where would be some good places to look? Don Alexanders? Any others?

Thanks!

whatever you do, don't buy richardson ones :mad:

Mine rusted -although they're supposed to be 'made in sheffield', then somebody told me on here that they import the steel from china :rant:

Hi All,

My folks are visiting from Canada, and are interested in purchasing some good knives made with, naturally, Sheffield steel.

Where would be some good places to look? Don Alexanders? Any others?

Thanks!

SHEFFIELD SCENE on SURREY ST, Im in the trade and they sell very good quality cutlery. Don Alexanders isnt named that any more its now the Sheffield Shop. The firm that I work for has a range of kitchen knives in there but beware the large knives have FRENCH BLADES on them and are not very good, the handles are made in hope valley. The small pairing knives that are whet or scalloped are completely made in Japan no matter what they tell you there in the shop. They are supposed to be designed by a local designer.

Osbournes behind snighill, their factory is there and their factory shop...really lovely stuff...

I work at Mellors and the work is terrible. the only thing worth buying is the silver plate pride but the pride knife blades are a joke but some of that is not what it seems as it doesnt say MADE IN SHEFFIELD on it.

The other thread that mentions Osbournes that firm went two years ago and the factory was demolished their order book is owned by Nickel Blanks I believe

Not Viners! My Grandad was a 'Little Mester' He hated Viners, they were one of the first cutlery firm to start manufacturing in the far east.