'Ghost' - Isn't it time for a remake?

I watched this film the other night and realised just how dated it is!

I know remakes are usually rubbish but I think they could make it work!

What do you think?

No. Absolutely not. 'Ghost' is a classic. It doesn't need updating with Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightly in order for it to find a new audience.

You mean another film they don't have to think about anything.

How about a Pirates Of the Carribean remake, it's only been out for a couple of years but definitely could do with an update ;)

Noooooooo! Some things are not meant to be tampered with!

Oh no, it's fantastic as it is. It always has me in floods at the end, I was glued to the screen the other night, even though Mr Scoop was next to me making fake vomiting noises at all the slushy bits.

I also really enjoy Dirty Dancing! I don't know what it is about Patrick Swayze and his gnarled face!

Now I would like not a remake of Dirty Dancing, but an update (with the same actors), to see what became of Johnny and Baby!

It's been widely known that Hollywood has run out of ideas for good films. That's why remakes of old films and turning cartoons into feature-length films are commonplace.

Been hearing rumours about a ThunderCats feature in 2009 and a remake of the Masters of the Universe film. If these are true or not I don't know.

I am looking forward to the new Transformers film next year.

Ouote from Ghost - "Get off my train!!!"

Dear god no - the first one was garbage, why on earth would you want another one ????

Dear god no - the first one was garbage, why on earth would you want another one ????

I second that.

Ghost is a brilliant film and if they did a remake i would complain because they would just destroy it. Has anyone seen the old "The Fog" and the new "The Fog" they completely messed the second one up.

You can never run out of ideas for a film you just need to make the film good. I have plenty of ideas for films.

from Fallen

i think i'd cry if they did a new 'ghost'!!! patrick swayze was sooo perfect in it, and if they updated it, i bet theyd try and make the ghosts more scary - but i find those shadow ghosts terrifying!!! and who would play the ghost on the train?! theyd probably get mickey o'rourke!!

shouldnt mess with classics!

maybe they'll do a ghost 2 a la dirty dancing 2 where its a similar storyline but 100 times worse, and patrick swayze can guest as a ghost!

:)

They've done a dirty dancing 2 and it is quite good it has Patrick Swayze in it but only for about ten minutes lol. I leant my Dirty Dancing 2 dvd out and never got it back grrr.

From Fallen