Neighbour smoking pot

I love the smell :love:

I wouldn't complain, I'd love to be inhaling it all the time :D

Chill out a bit man... :razz: (we should have a little stoned smiley to insert here)

To be fair the smell of a load growing can be really nauseating - it's not the same as the smell of a couple of plants or burning greenery - even a heavy toker can find that smell overpowering

So I heard

I'm not surprised by the comments made by some people regarding my Mum's( the OP's) situation. It has been established that the neighbour is 'farming' and I can tell categorically say that the smell IS getting into my Mother's property. I don't exactly know how it get's through into her home but I can assure you that it has!!

The problem is making my Mum miserable and it's unfair.

I honestly think that my Mum has been very fair with her next door neighbour. She hasn't called the police or reported him to the landlord.

My brother went round to have a friendly word and it seems to have done the trick thus far.

The neighbour in question has been removing 'things' from his home and the smell has dissipated slightly although it IS still present.

For those of you who find this all too amusing I'd just like to ask a few questions -

1. Do you have children and if so would you be happy for them to inhale that awful smell every day?

2. How would you feel if the christmas presents you'd bought for the children/grandchildren all started to smell?

3. What would your work colleagues or even strangers on the bus think of you if your clothes eminated that very distinctive odour?

I'd urge some of you to think before you post!!

It has been established that the neighbour is 'farming'

So call the cops instead of wasting time posting here. Unless you're both getting a cut...

I honestly think that my Mum has been very fair with her next door neighbour. She hasn't called the police or reported him to the landlord.

My brother went round to have a friendly word and it seems to have done the trick thus far.

The neighbour in question has been removing 'things' from his home and the smell has dissipated slightly although it IS still present.

As banjo posted before, if you've done everything possible being neighbourly without informing the cops, and you're still not satisfied then there's only one option left, and if they've warned them you're going to get tough, you don't have to feel guilty about shopping them.

(though personally I'd ask for a cut)

ash

Can somebody explain why there can be any question over reporting this illegal and antisocial activity?

I fail to see how anybody cold hesitate in reporting a neighbour who is growing illegal drugs.

Because there's a lot of tolerance towards weed, and rightly so - people who only smoke weed are not plagued with the behavioural problems of say smack-heads or p**s-heads.

Because there's a lot of tolerance towards weed, and rightly so - people who only smoke weed are not plagued with the behavioural problems of say smack-heads or p**s-heads.
Oh, does that claim not contradict the knowledge that heavy cannabis users suffer from mood swings, paranoia and character change, more than heavy alcohol users do, with the added effect from cannabis that it can impinge long term on their mental health?

So call the cops instead of wasting time posting here. Unless you're both getting a cut...

Firstly, I'm not the type of person to 'inform the cops', and secondly I'm not the type of person who would want a 'cut' and neither is my Mum.

I'm not wasting my time posting here .... I'd say it's up to me how I choose to spend my time and if I want to spend it debating this issue then I will.

Quite simply, I'd like to be able to take my newborn daughter to see her Nanna without coming away smelling like she's been sat in the middle of a cannabis plant!

As I said in my previous post, the 'problem' seems to have been dealt with. I'm fully aware that the smell will not just go away and will take some time to diminish.

Firstly, I'm not the type of person to 'inform the cops',
Does it make you proud 'not to inform the cops' when that is exactly what any responsible member of society should do?

Does it make you proud 'not to inform the cops' when that is exactly what any responsible member of society should do?

Why would 'not informing the cops' make me proud?

What would be the point in inflaming the situation when it can be resolved between neighbours?

I'm aware of the fact that growing cannabis is an illegal activity but I'm also aware of the neighbours right to his own life ... as I've previously said ... "each to their own".

If the smell hadn't become such a problem then my Mother would have been non the wiser. There haven't been any problems with people coming around at all hours of the night or loud music etc.

Being a responsible member of society can also mean tolerance of some things to a certain degree.

My brother spoke to the neighbour in question.

The neighbour took on board what was said.

The smell has lessened considerably.

Problem seems to be being resolved.

If this isn't the case and the neighbour continues to be a nuisance then I think that another course of action may be necessary. If that means speaking to the landlord or indeed informing the police then that may be the route taken.

For now though, I'm prepared to give said neighbour the benefit of the doubt and see what happens!

Why would 'not informing the cops' make me proud?

What would be the point in inflaming the situation when it can be resolved between neighbours?

I'm aware of the fact that growing cannabis is an illegal activity but I'm also aware of the neighbours right to his own life ... as I've previously said ... "each to their own".

So if he was forging money, fencing stolen car stereos, or ringing stolen motorcycles in his shed, would you still say 'each to their own' if it wasn't keeping you awake?

So if he was forging money, fencing stolen car stereos, or ringing stolen motorcycles in his shed, would you still say 'each to their own' if it wasn't keeping you awake?

Well as I'm not in that situation I couldn't possibly answer your question.

It's not about 'not keeping me awake'.

I was merely stating that there were no other indicators other than the distinctive odour of growing cannabis!

My mother (the OP) is too naive to have known that her neighbour was indeed growing it. I was the one who told her.

If he's laundering money or fencing car stereos then I'll rethink my position but until I find out for sure I'll just stick to the original problem :-)