Neighbour smoking pot

Hi info neede please,my next door neighbour smokes it all day and night its reall strong.It gets into everything ,ive heard this can make you depressed. I wondered if it can make you feel like this even tho only taking in the fumes,I know it makes me feel sick and gives me headaches and have been feeling down past couple of days.

I am really fed up with it now,and as my grandson is here most days its got to stop. So who do i call ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi info neede please,my next door neighbour smokes it all day and night its reall strong.It gets into everything ,ive heard this can make you depressed. I wondered if it can make you feel like this even tho only taking in the fumes,I know it makes me feel sick and gives me headaches and have been feeling down past couple of days.

I am really fed up with it now,and as my grandson is here most days its got to stop. So who do i call ?

Thanks in advance.

Suppose you can be suffering from "passive pot smoking". If you called the cops, would they do anything ? Its legal now isnt it ?

you call next door first and ask them to respect your needs if it gets the required response end of problem if it persists I will expect some one else to tell you the rest

You could call 101 and make a neighbour nuisance complaint but expect the whole rigmarole to take a long time.

However - the sooner you begin, the sooner it gets resolved.

If no one appears to be taking you seriously keep complaining, every day if you have to, by post, by e-mail, in person and on the phone - they will pay attention.

you call next door first and ask them to respect your needs if it gets the required response end of problem if it persists I will expect some one else to tell you the rest
My son did go to see him, but it obviously didnt do the trick.

You could call 101 and make a neighbour nuisance complaint but expect the whole rigmarole to take a long time.

However - the sooner you begin, the sooner it gets resolved.

If no one appears to be taking you seriously keep complaining, every day if you have to, by post, by e-mail, in person and on the phone - they will pay attention.

Thanks will give it a try.

Suppose you can be suffering from "passive pot smoking". If you called the cops, would they do anything ? Its legal now isnt it ?

No! It's unbelievable the number of people that believe this. It was just downgraded to class 'C'. It hasn't been legalised.

No! It's unbelievable the number of people that believe this. It was just downgraded to class 'C'. It hasn't been legalised.
So does that mean even smoking it in your own home is illegal.

So does that mean even smoking it in your own home is illegal.

Yes. Although police are less likely to do something about it, it's possession of a class C drug and you can be rosecuted as such.

depends how much of the stuff they have on them when the police turns up depends on what the police do i know they can only arrest you or take action for a certan ammount.

Your not my neighbour are you lol.

Iv checked and you aint lol

iv found this hope it helps

Legal status

Cannabis is a Class C substance. It's illegal to own it and it's illegal to supply it. It's also an offence to grow cannabis.

Possession can get you up to two years in prison and an unlimited fine, although most people are either cautioned or fined. Serious offences of supplying cannabis can get you up to 14 years in prison and an unlimited fine.

Supplying includes passing a joint to a mate. If you're convicted, the court has discretion to take account of the circumstances of the offender and the offence before passing sentence.

the only smoking pot i get is when my other half is let loose in the kitchen:gag:

flippin eck ur neighbour must be caning it for the smoke to get to your house/flat

they're obviously a bit daft cos while it's been downgraded it's still illegal so they cud be done for it

i wonder if they're growing it cos that's when the smell gets really strong and can leak outside the house (erm ... so i've been told ...)

either way if it's really bothering you, and u seem like a decent person, calmly laying it down to them is best option, tell them u don't want to cause them a problem but the smell is really bothering you so if they don't stop it bothering you, you'll have to take it further

or you could ask them to give u some to smoke so to make you unconcerned about the smell any more ....