The New Smoking Laws - when?

nice thought. I vote for a ban on alcohol too, then in the long run, I might be able to drink at work!

i do drink at work everytime i go to work the first thing i do is order a pint :thumbsup:

i do drink at work everytime i go to work the first thing i do is order a pint :thumbsup:

any jobs goin?:hihi:

You DO realise, I hope that soon smokers will become a minority in this country, and once that happens, as is the way with the government and minorities, then smokers will be able to smoke wherever they want?

You have missed a point with that joke.

Smokers are already a minority, they have been for a number of years.

You have missed a point with that joke.

Smokers are already a minority, they have been for a number of years.

But so far they havent really had a hard time because of it. Not until the bans start to bite anyway.

Taken from an article on BBC website

in defence of her right to smoke in pubs: "I'm still going to do it, I don't care if I end up with a £1,000 fine."

So a pack of ten would cost her £10k, not bad for a night out in London :hihi:

The licensee may take a different view ... his fine is £2000. You may, quite rightly be asked to leave!

The licensee may take a different view ... his fine is £2000. You may, quite rightly be asked to leave!

The ban won't affect me, I was quoting from the BBC website :) Those weren't my views

But so far they havent really had a hard time because of it. Not until the bans start to bite anyway.

Smokers on this forum have just like muslims.

non smokers have put up with it for years and enjoyed their nights out. why all of a sudden do they wanna moan that the are choking and made to feel sick ?????

You've answered your own question - we've had to put up with it. We don't get a choice of not coming home in smoke-stinking clothes, or breathing in second hand smoke if we want to be sociable and go out for a drink.

I've always hated it, and always moaned about it - perhaps just not directly to smokers before. I don't know any non-smokers without a negative view of smoking (not to say that there aren't any anywhere, but I do know a reasonable amount of people).