The New Smoking Laws - when?

Yaay.

Signature finally updated.

Although why we have to wait another 8 months is beyond me.

But still, I supposed the dirty, weak willed faggers can have their last filthy fume filled christmas.

Harsh! :hihi:

Why are you non smokers so supportive of all this? I understand the health issues but can't you see what is happening to everyones freedom? We are being squashed and squashed and more and more segregation is being created constantly. This country is turning into bloody 1984!

A few years down the line, alcohol will be banned, pubs will be a thing of the past and we'll all end up sitting at home getting ****** and posting on Sheffield forum reminising about how we used to have a thing called FUN!! ;)

Ahhh, well at least we'll still have Rock n Roll (will we?)

Dammit, I always did think it would have been great to grow up in the 50's/60's!

Sorry for the rant, please don't jump down my throat cos im nice really - all Im saying is forget about your "I hate cigarette smoke" etc for a minute, take a step back and look at the bigger picture.

Hooray!! Very pleased! Cant wait to go out and not come back smelling of vile cigrette smoke! :D

I only wish it was being implemented sooner as i hopefully won't be working in a job where i have to put up with it then but i do now!

Why are you non smokers so supportive of all this? I understand the health issues but can't you see what is happening to everyones freedom?

Health issues, and it stinks. I don't care if people smoke or not - as I said previously in this thread. I think people should (within reason) be allowed to do whatever they like to themselves.

It's passive smoking that I care about. I don't choose to smoke, so why should I suffer poor health and have my hair, skin and clothes stink like an ashtray because someone else has decided they do want to smoke?? I shouldn't, it's insane that it was ever allowed and the ban can't come quick enough for the VAST majority of us, and for everyone's health. If you think about it, smokers are - effectively - very anti social.

Drinking and so on and so on that you're worried about will never be banned, as they;

a - don't automatically result in harm, certainly not in moderation

b - don't affect those around someone who is drinking.

'Nuff said.

WHAT!! so no smoking any where can some one please elaborate on this, where can people smoke/where cant people smoke?

Why are you non smokers so supportive of all this? I understand the health issues but can't you see what is happening to everyones freedom? We are being squashed and squashed and more and more segregation is being created constantly. This country is turning into bloody 1984!

A few years down the line, alcohol will be banned, pubs will be a thing of the past and we'll all end up sitting at home getting ****** and posting on Sheffield forum reminising about how we used to have a thing called FUN!! ;)

Ahhh, well at least we'll still have Rock n Roll (will we?)

Dammit, I always did think it would have been great to grow up in the 50's/60's!

Sorry for the rant, please don't jump down my throat cos im nice really - all Im saying is forget about your "I hate cigarette smoke" etc for a minute, take a step back and look at the bigger picture.

Well I can't think of anything I like doing being banned. To me the smokimg law is not a ban at all but protection as it is to most people.

As for your main point why should other things be either more or less likely to be banned in future just because smoking is now. Surley every issue will be decided on merrit and not because smoking is either banned or not.

i believe people will be able to smoke in private, ie: their homes.

Yes, it's only smoking on "public places" (which isn't quite accurate as it wouldn't cover clubs etc - they actually mean places that it is reasonable to expect the public to have access to) which will be banned. Do what you like in your own homes/cars etc.

WHAT!! so no smoking any where can some one please elaborate on this, where can people smoke/where cant people smoke?

You will be able to smoke "outside" and I imagine that lots of pubs will build new "outside" bits of pubs that have heating, big TV etc... I'm sure the big pub cains will find away around it.

Welcome to Earth, have you been away long? ;)

Sorry, just messing, I'm surprised that there is anyone who didn't know about this though - did you know it's already banned in (...public places in...) Scotland & Ireland?

You will be able to smoke "outside" and I imagine that lots of pubs will build new "outside" bits of pubs that have heating, big TV etc... I'm sure the big pub cains will find away around it.

If there is enough demand for it, then yes, I agree.