The New Smoking Laws - when?

1st July 2007?! Meh, it should be banned NOW! Ruddy useless Government! :rant:

I am fine with the banning of smoking in pubs and eating places because people shouldn't have to work in a smokey environment nor should people who are out for a good laugh have to endure second hand smoke.

However banning it outside would be extreme. If people want to kill themselves with cigarettes and smoke outdoors then I have no issues with that. It's their choice IMO.

I utterly disagree with this ban. Its my right as a human being to smoke if i choose to. Fair enough its also your right not to breathe other peoples smoke.

Ive had enough of the government telling us what we can and cant do.

If the government truly & genuinely cared about the health of it's voters - smoking would have been banned ages ago.

As smoking is both the major revenue earner for the gov't AND ends peoples lives before the govt have to pay out state pensions, they win twice.

All those who smoke - suckers!

I utterly disagree with this ban. Its my right as a human being to smoke if i choose to. Fair enough its also your right not to breathe other peoples smoke.

Which part do you disagree with exactly?

What about my right to not come back from the Pub smelling like I've been up a Chimney for 2 hours?! What about my right to not possibly die in my 40s due to passive smoking related illness?!

But fine, if you want the ability to light up in public, go ahead, not my problem if you get lung cancer and die in your 50s like my late Aunty Mal and Uncle Ian both did, Mal in May this year and Ian last October...

Which part do you disagree with exactly?

I disagree with banning smoking. As i said, its my right to smoke.

It's where you smoke that's the issue.

I agree you have a right to kill yourself with cigs if you wish but don't do it in public where I have to share your fate (by public I mean, bars, clubs, pubs, restaurants and work environments, shops etc).

If it's outdoors, in the open not a confined space I couldn't give a flying....

What about my right to not come back from the Pub smelling like I've been up a Chimney for 2 hours?! What about my right to not possibly die in my 40s due to passive smoking related illness?!

But fine, if you want the ability to light up in public, go ahead, not my problem if you get lung cancer and die in your 50s like my late Aunty Mal and Uncle Ian both did, Mal in May this year and Ian last October...

Totaly agree Rich. Perhaps you would care to share your wisdom on the rights of smokers to smoke in private and also the possibility of a total ban on the sale and use of tobacco? How would the working population fund this loss of revenue?

Totaly agree Rich. Perhaps you would care to share your wisdom on the rights of smokers to smoke in private and also the possibility of a total ban on the sale and use of tobacco? How would the working population fund this loss of revenue?

By stopping Jobseekers Allowance and other benefits of this ilk ;)

Look at all you lot squabbling about rights :roll:

It's only because of the loss of revenue due to cheap nasty unregulated foreign imports the Gov't has even sat up n smelled the coffee.

Get ready for the hike in airplane fuel prices - therefore relative uneconomic motivation to go for 'duty frees' by the masses.

This is just a partial semi-ban to further devide & rule

Its so all you addicts overlook the bigger picture

Look at all you lot squabbling about rights :roll:

It's only because of the loss of revenue due to cheap nasty unregulated foreign imports the Gov't has even sat up n smelled the coffee.

Get ready for the hike in airplane fuel prices - therefore relative uneconomic motivation to go for 'duty frees' by the masses.

This is just a partial semi-ban to further devide & rule

Its so all you addicts overlook the bigger picture

I really must stop eating fat-free sausages. They tend to fuddle the brain. :suspect: