Looking for a quiet gym

The fitness suite at Wisewood School and Community Sports College is a local facillity aimed at getting the people of Wisewood and the surrounding areas more active.

Members will have an indivdualised programme designed for them and the friendly, fully qualified staff can help you to achieve all your fitness goals. An induction must be booked for your first visit.

Opening Times

Open Monday to Friday 6 pm - 9 pm

Saturday and Sunday 9 am - 1 pm

Prices

Adult £3 per visit

Junior (16 - 18 years) £2

Monthly membership available please ask for more details.

For any more information or to find out more about what we do, please contact Aimee Pearce (Physical Activity Development Officer) on 0114 233 5457 or email [email protected]

Where exactly is the MacDonald's hotel? Do you 'pay as you go' or do you have to be a member?

near the fountains in the city centre, think you can pay about 20quid to go in for a day. they have a 3 month membership at the mo which is alright.

Hiya

Chapeltown Baths also has a quiet Gym, you can become a member however they do let you pay as you go for as little a £3 a go!!!! Also available is the swimming pool, sauna, sunbed, beaty tratments and massages, all at community rates!!!!

Try the Fit for All Gym at the old Burton Street school in Hillsborough. Nice quiet atmosphere and very friendly staff.

I'm with you yerman, unfortunately some of these dicks who get a job in these fast food gyms haven't got a clue.

I used to go to a local authority sports centre to do circuit training - mainly just mats to do press ups/ sit ups etc and a few weights and running round the hall. It was basic but boy did I get fit at £1.50 a session including swim afterwards! It was packed every session - this is in Leeds by the way, but I digress!

Then the council decided it needed investment - rebranded to compete with the David Lloyd centre - now called the Fitness Suite, new step machines etc, membership on your credit card, new night club power sound system for those insecure people who dont have any internal music. Crap! Full of posers looking at themselves in the full length mirrors! I go running now, by the way!