Should Christmas advertising be banned until after rememberance day

I'd quite like to not see any of the usual christmas tat in the shops until 1st December at the earliest, and definitley no christmas music until then either. I understand about the need to spread out christmas shopping for the benefit of the retailers, but I dont know anyone whose sole christmas shopping involves the themed tat...surely most of the presents can be (and often are) bought well before the last minute rush (excepting of course the toys released purely to drive a last minute shopping frenzy!). Of course they need to get the christmas stuff on the shelves early to make way in the store room for the tons of easter eggs that go on display mid-January! ;)

Christmas starts on Christmas eve and carries on for 12 days after Christmas. The trouble with starting early is that people are then desparate to get it over with and start to think Christmas is over within few days of Christmas day. My rule is that the children can't do anything christmassy until they at least break up from School and they can't put up decorations until the 23rd at the earliest. That then happens is that we go on enjoying christmas long after other people have taken everything down and are planning their summer holidays.

I'd much rather that advertising for Christmas things were started later than they are, but since there's an economic reason for whipping us up into a media frenzy (which usually results in me being fed up of Christmas about a month before it happens) I can't see it ever happening.

I think it should until after the service,I was at the service on sunday and I found the sight of shoppers running round here there and everywhere while the service was taking place to be disrespectful.

Why not stop advertising and close the shops in the area till the service is over,after all its not asking too much when you consider the sacrifice made.

I think it should until after the service,I was at the service on sunday and I found the sight of shoppers running round here there and everywhere while the service was taking place to be disrespectful.

Why not stop advertising and close the shops in the area till the service is over,after all its not asking too much when you consider the sacrifice made.

Well said my friend:thumbsup:

Christmas,Christmas,Christmas,shopping,shopping,shopping do the young people of today know what Chrismas is really about?

Do you think all Christmas advertising should be banned until the day after rememberance Sunday as a mark of respect?

not as mark of respect, just simply cos it's a pain in ass seeing xmas stuff everywhere for months

especially if u ever worked in retail

which i have

Do you think all Christmas advertising should be banned until the day after rememberance Sunday as a mark of respect?

I totally agree with you ,on remebrance day i switched on hallam fm but galaxy never had stopped playing music for the silence how disrespectful.

Don't they realise if it was not for those who did all the fighting for our country they may not be here today.

I do think christmas advertising should wait,my great grandad was a radio operator in the war and my great great grandad was a seargent.

I admire them and my great grandad ment the world to me he died in 1999,he had the medal of bravery too he pulled one of his guys out of a crator before a bomb hit him.

I'll always remeber what these men did and what my grandparents ment to me.

charlie

without some dictator.

oops

dunno how bush, blair etc got thru the net ...

Ithink xmas is stressfull enough without the build up and all the crap starting in November.Personally by the time xmas day comes iv had enough of all the shopping and ******** that goes with it.Right im off to have a chat with me old pal Jacob Marley.:help: