Eurovision

Originally posted by "t020"

i also called the other one "a ginger", why didnt u jump on me for that too while u were at it? ginger haired people might read this forum and be scarred for life

Well you said it........

.....but that's a bit different - people generally aren't persecuted for having ginger hair, are they?

and it is precisely over political correctness like that which goes way, way too far, to such an extent that no one dare make a joke without fear of persecution from so called do gooders.

yeah, it depends on the context though doesn't it, and on an internet forum it's quite hard to establish whether anyone's joking or not. We all make non-pc jokes but on a board where people from all walks of life read it, then I tend to be a bit more tactful, given that if you take the standard "1 in 10" statistic (whether that is absolutely correct is debateable) then approx 70 users of this board are gay.

i also called the other one "a ginger", why didnt u jump on me for that too while u were at it? ginger haired people might read this forum and be scarred for life

Because Ginger is the colour as it's recognised in the UK. Someone has Ginger hair!

If you were to have said *Carrot Top or something like that then someone may have jumped on you for it!

*Comment made as an example and not a direct insult of people with Ginger Coloured Hair :wink:[/siz]

Originally posted by "Mike"

Well you said it........

.....but that's a bit different - people generally aren't persecuted for having ginger hair, are they?

but u can't be selectively PC, applying PC logic where its seen as fashionable and "modern", but not elsewhere. besides, ginger haired people are often given a tough time - i remember kids at school that were, so yes they are persecuted in a way.

but u can't be selectively PC, applying PC logic where its seen as fashionable and "modern", but not elsewhere. besides, ginger haired people are often given a tough time - i remember kids at school that were, so yes they are persecuted in a way.

It's nothing to do with fashion, well, not for me anyway.

Come on, ginger people may be given a hard time, but it's hardly in the same league is it? You don't get "ginger bashers" or people who wait oustide "ginger clubs" (if there were such a thing) to rape gingers, do you?

Anyway, I'm off home so will have to pick this up later.....

LOL LOL LOL LOL :lol:

and who'd have thought this thread would have caused such an on going, heated debate

Anybody think the Turkish entry was a copy of the Holly Valance tune?

Not that I want to put an end to all this Lezzy stuff.

What about a group like Frankie Goes to Hollywood - They were all a bunch of gays and I guess they were promoting gay sex.

umm, holly valance ripped off their tune.

holly vallance used a turkish national folk song for her song, and the turkish entry just did an upbeat version of the classic turkish version

"What about a group like Frankie Goes to Hollywood - They were all a bunch of gays and I guess they were promoting gay sex."

Yeah and their single 'Relax' got banned and went straight to Number One.

Originally posted by "RPG"

holly vallance used a turkish national folk song for her song, and the turkish entry just did an upbeat version of the classic turkish version

So you wacthed it then RPG, I think it was a Tunision or Algerian song actually that Holly Vallance did.

It dont matter where the original came from, it had already been done by someone.

Originally posted by "mikey"

Anybody think the Turkish entry was a copy of the Holly Valance tune?

Not that I want to put an end to all this Lezzy stuff.

What about a group like Frankie Goes to Hollywood - They were all a bunch of gays and I guess they were promoting gay sex.

not that i want to start the whole debate again, but they weren't promoting paedophilia and underage sex

Originally posted by "mikey"

So you wacthed it then RPG, I think it was a Tunision or Algerian song actually that Holly Vallance did.

It dont matter where the original came from, it had already been done by someone.

and it'd been done by someone (a turk) before that! :lol::wink:

The tune was different though wasnt it? It sounded different to me, still turkish sounding though, as was the talented miss valances cover version of some turkish song from years ago.

I bet holly probably released her kiss kiss thing over there and they realised it was popular so decided to actually do a turkish sounding song rather than try and fit in with the usual crap ballad or cheesy dancy types.