Eurovision

Originally posted by "t020"

leave it kittykat he's not worth it. i'm surprised he can read on here, his heads so far up his own a$$

I realise people get frustrated by other members posts, but circumventing the swear filter isn't going to add to your cause!

Well, anyone who thinks an old man who blatently uses two underpriveledged young girls for money is OK isnt really worth bothering with. He obviously enjoys their wonderfully out of tune screeching too much to care about it being a sick marketing ploy.

Originally posted by "kittykat"

Well, anyone who thinks an old man who blatently uses two underpriveledged young girls for money is OK isnt really worth bothering with. He obviously enjoys their wonderfully out of tune screeching too much to care about it being a sick marketing ploy.

Ha ha! Great, we're off again!

Why do you think the two girls are/were underpriveledged?

All pop-promoters use their artists for money - that's the way it works I'm afraid.

i did but u dismiss anything i say. the guy admitted he shagged 14 year olds, yet ur selective amnesia managed to forget this fact earlier. the girls themselves have said whats in their contract and ive given a link but again, u choose to dismiss it. and finally, to my original post, was UKs entry 100 and odd points worse than russias and worthy of 0 points? it was bad but not THAT bad. anti britain people of europe chose to not vote of this. "PROVE IT PROVE IT". what do u want me to do, go round every person in the EU and ask their opinion of britain? at the moment im sure it would not be very good due to the war and our reluctancy to join the euro. and before u ask me to prove this, i cant alright? its an educated guess given the fact that the UK nearly always finishes top 5, has never finished with 0 points, and all this coinciding with a time where we chose to back US foreign policy rather than that of most EU countries and our on going reluctancy to join the euro. as for the tatu project, can u honestly say the marketing strategy and the manager himself aren't, at best, morally suspect? my point is, people of the EU seemed happy to take the moral high ground in not voting for the UK as they think the war was immoral, yet have no qualms about voting for russias entry, which in most peoples eyes (though obviously not urs), is a very immoral music project.

Cant you just believe me. I read a biographical piece on them in a magazine showing their childhood homes, lives etc. I dont make things up thankyou. As for proof, i cant provide it im afraid as i was a few months ago, you'll just have to take my word for it, something that by the looks of it you find very hard to do.

From the Sun website:

He has admitted using the casting ploy to seduce girls as young as 14, the age of consent in Russia.

The Sun revealed in February that Shapovalov’s ex-lover Elena Kipper accused him of sleeping with Julia Volkova when she was only 14

I would be very wary of believing anything that the Sun write - they have a long history of printing lies and rumour. So, in my mind that's not a fact.

Also, if the age of consent is 14 in Russia, then you can't blame people of that age from having sex, odd as it might seem to us in the UK.

The age of consent is (I believe) 13 in Japan - does that make all Japanese men paedophiles?

I can't see anything in those links that mentions that they have to kiss on stage as part of their contract, but might have just missed it.

Originally posted by "kittykat"

Cant you just believe me. .

You well may be right, but I don't see the issue there - all pop-promoters make money this way. Look at a manufactured band like Hearsay - they came from ordinary lives and made good money from their brief stardom - I don't think that makes the management wrong, does it?

its in their biographies on their official website. http://www.tatu.ru/eng

click biographies on the left hand side. i never intended to provoke a big argument, my original post was simply to question the ethics and political dimensions to the joke of a song contest that is the eurovision song contest. enough, i have work to do

He didnt make them pretend to be lesbians though did he.

oops the bio's arent on that page. somewhere on their official site though, although its just another sick marketing ploy to appeal to a certain kind of person. like i said, work to do, bye

Ok, I just get fed up with the paedophile hysteria that this country is gripped in, and how people are being labelled as such for not doing anything actually deserving of this. Take the Southampton riots for example, where people attacked the house of a paedeotrician and forced completely innocent people to move out of the area.

Why does this rile me? Because the tabloids (and others) obsession with the image of the predatory paedophile clouds the real issues that are at stake. That is, that most sexual abuse is caused by family members, in the privacy of the family home.

My girlfriend works with abused youngsters and not one of them has been abused by a stranger, but usually by a family member. This obsession with "stranger danger" imho is a backwards step in the fight against child abuse, and takes the focus away from the real issues. It also means we get so used to seeing the paedophile headlines that in the end we switch off and stop taking notice. It dilutes the issue so that in the end, people just don't care anymore.

Also, the fact that we watch violent films is not necessarily going to make us behave in a violent way, so I don't believe that watching such a group as Tatu is really going to encourage anyone to abuse children.

The main thing about TATU that bothers me is their "music" It's awful!

I have to say I am not keen on seeing them dress as school girls, but this goes for Brittany Spears aswell.

I find it slighty disturbing that as a society we are totally obsessed with peadophiles yet we are happy to see young girls dress as school girls and behave in a sexual way to please men.

It's really quite strange that say Bob down the pub will shoot his mouth off about how he hates peados but he'll happily get aroused by looking at pictures/videos of "school girls".

Also on the same sort of topic, I find it disgusting that the music industry are totally embracing R Kelly, and his song is at number 1, when it is proven he has a penchant for young girls shall we say. He married Aaliyah when she was 15!! and has been known to star in videos having sex with girls as young as 12!