A wander around Leeds- another Leeds vs Sheffield thread

If that juvenile offering of yours is a summary of the intellectual capacity of Sheffield, no wonder it is 20 years and more behind other cities. Why would anyone want to invest in a city with a childlike mindset like that? Thats why Sheffield is backward. Because your posting projects an image of a city chock full of idiots with the mentality you have just espoused.

Where did that BIG chip on your shoulder come from? Who cares if Leeds and Barnsley have better shops and more stylish people (snigger) only you! sad lonely git

Where did that BIG chip on your shoulder come from? Who cares if Leeds and Barnsley have better shops and more stylish people (snigger) only you! sad lonely git

You ought to care, because its your city thats being left for dead. And with your reply, we can see why.

And have I ever claimed Barnsley is a style mecca on these boards?

If that juvenile offering of yours is a summary of the intellectual capacity of Sheffield, no wonder it is 20 years and more behind other cities. Why would anyone want to invest in a city with a childlike mindset like that? Thats why Sheffield is backward. Because your posting projects an image of a city chock full of idiots with the mentality you have just espoused.

I don't know why you seem so very keen on posting on this Forum if your opinion of Sheffield is so low. Why are you wasting your time on here?

Is it because your beloved Leeds hasn't got a Forum worth the name, despite its size and affluence?

You can't put a price on everything you know - some things are priceless.

StarSparkle

I don't know why you seem so very keen on posting on this Forum if your opinion of Sheffield is so low. Why are you wasting your time on here? Is it because your beloved Leeds hasn't got a Forum worth the name, despite its size and affluence? You can't put a price on everything you know - some things are priceless. StarSparkle

Hear, Hear! Well said. Starsparkle.

There's just some special ambience about Sheffield that no other big city has and that's what make people from elsewhere want to have goes at us all the time, imo. They're just jealous of us, I guess.

i wouldnt want sheffield to be like leeds, i like sheffield because its not busy and built up like leeds. sheffield is a very calm and unique city.

I don't know why you seem so very keen on posting on this Forum if your opinion of Sheffield is so low. Why are you wasting your time on here?

Is it because your beloved Leeds hasn't got a Forum worth the name, despite its size and affluence?

You can't put a price on everything you know - some things are priceless.

StarSparkle

Sheffield ought to be a lot better than what it is. And at the end of the day, because Sheffield is lacking the sort of career opportunities that Leeds and Manchester have to offer, it is Sheffielders who are being held back.

Being in the position where I live in Sheffield but work in leeds gives a different perspective.

There is a tremendous amount of work going on in leeds designed to improve the infrastructure, especially the road networks. As such access to and from leeds is and will continue to improve - one of the reasons why there is such a huge container depot at Stourton.This will attract more business to what is becoming an affluent city.

Yet I would always live in Sheffield - its people, layout, character etc all contribute to the unique personity of Sheffield.

However, unless our council and business leaders can work together to define a way forward then Sheffield will ineviatably fall behind leeds in terms of job creation and wealth creation. Whilst being known as the City of Sport is welcome it will not have a major impact on the growth of the city.

And have I ever claimed Barnsley is a style mecca on these boards?

One thing still puzzles me Little Barnsley Boy. Why do you live in a place that

you accept is far removed from the utopia you naively believe Leeds to be.

Is the tatty truth that you have been left behind by its supposed economic

miracle and can't afford to live there?

Suddenly your bitterness and twisted logic make sense. I pity the sad life

you must lead. Lonely and insecure; reduced to pointless ramblings at people

who know the place they live isn't perfect but they love it anyway.

One thing still puzzles me Little Barnsley Boy. Why do you live in a place that

you accept is far removed from the utopia you naively believe Leeds to be.

Is the tatty truth that you have been left behind by its supposed economic

miracle and can't afford to live there?

Suddenly your bitterness and twisted logic make sense. I pity the sad life

you must lead. Lonely and insecure; reduced to pointless ramblings at people

who know the place they live isn't perfect but they love it anyway.

A once well-known Sheffielder, G.H.B. Ward, said “The man who never got lost never went very far.” It seems to me to be your problem. If you ever explored other cities you might get to realise why just a few Sheffielders get frustrated at seeing other cities out-shine their own. They probably love Sheffield just that little bit more than you seem to do. Any old place seems to suit you, and that’s probably why you’re so narrow-minded. Pitying the poster’s sad, lonely and insecure life sounds like you’re the kettle calling the saucepan black!

I've only read the first post (OP) btw

The station in Leeds in in the heart of the their city centre. In Sheffield, its where it was placed a hundred years ago (or so), based on the gradient of the hills, leeds is flat. So thats the 'what you see when you come out of the station bit filled'

ash

EDIT: 1 typo

p.s unless, of course, we move the whole city centre.

p.s unless, of course, we move the whole city centre.

thats a great idea. why not move it to somewhere ****ty like bury st edmunds. or bradford.